Accounts Payable Specialist
Thanks for checking out our vacancy. We’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
Do you have a keen attention to detail? Are you a person who is very organized? Do you thrive on order, ensuring processes flow seamlessly, and accuracy?
- Must be highly organized
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Moderate to strong Excel skills required
- Must be a motivated self-starter and be able to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, maintain flexibility, and prioritize demands
- Must be driven to get the job done and work at varying speeds as business demands
- Oracle proficiency is highly desired, or similar ERP system experience
- Proficient typing skills to include 10-key entry
- Accounting knowledge required – PO system with 3-way match, full cycle payables, accrual accounting
Accounts Payable (85%)
- Analyze, develop, implement, and refine processes related to full cycle accounts payable. Understand the why as well as the what we do; own the electronic invoice process, providing training and support to Oracle AME users as an integral member of the shared services team
- Manage incoming correspondence through multiple email inboxes and website portals
- Review invoices for accuracy, ensure prompt Oracle posting, match invoices to goods receipts when appropriate, and route invoices to appropriate budget owners for approval. Investigate and resolve discrepancies and ensure timely validation.
- Collaborate with budget owners and business managers for approvals, purchase order creation, receipt entry, and error resolution. Determine urgency of invoices and payment to escalate approvals as necessary. Regularly communicate outstanding invoices and processing deadlines as needed.
- Review and ensure delegation of authorities are being followed
- Manage payment run process. Determine timing of payments and prepare multiple weekly pay runs. Use discretion to determine if payments need to be withheld to ensure proper cash flow as necessary. Consult with finance management team ahead of each pay run to review anticipated payments.
- Handle sensitive supplier information and maintain confidential data drop process for supplier banking forms.
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers to include but not limited to verifying integrity of supplier changes, reconciling supplier statements, handling all disputes, and resolving any discrepancies.
- Ensure supplier data is complete and maintained on a regular basis. Review and determine inactive supplier status.
- Manage multiple reports weekly/monthly to ensure AP accuracy and provide regular communication to budget owners and other finance management personnel.
- Perform month-end closing procedures
- Account reconciliation, accrual listings, investigate outstanding receipts for expense and inventory expenditures
- Maintain physical and electronic filing systems for multiple entities
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Report and monitor KPI tracking to ensure timely processing and payments. Advise on barriers and proactively provide solutions.
- Backup/assist with Motus Program
- Process 1099s annually
- Occasional travel may be required
- Other duties as needed
Miscellaneous Projects (15%)
- Support operations/supply chain team as needed
- Assist with new entity implementation and integration
Other projects as the need arises
The Ideal Candidate
- Commercial and Business Acumen
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Results Focused
- Clear Communications Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Product and Technical Knowledge
Qualifications: A minimum 2 year Accounting degree desired or comparable experience
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC