Analytical Development Scientist
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Reporting to the QC Support Manager, you shall enhance practices and promote a culture which is consistent with cGMP, cGLP and Health & Safety within a pharmaceutical laboratory environment.
To provide training support, technical knowledge and act as a scientific Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Quality Control department, working closely with the internal Technical & Development teams to provide analytical support for new product introduction (NPI) and any technical issues.
Leading on projects including assessment of method performance and development of new analytical methods to optimise operational activities. Support the department in researching and implementing new analytical techniques to the laboratory.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Act as the SME for a number of analytical techniques and procedures, providing training and audit support, as necessary.
- Act as the QC Project Lead for technical projects and NPIs.
- Perform test method verification and validation, including the issuance of protocols and reports.
- Support Technology Transfer for methods / processes being transferred to and from the department.
- Manage outsourced validation and verification method development projects.
- Support ad-hoc investigations and provide technical support and expertise, as necessary.
- Actively support the validation, verification and preventative maintenance of QC instruments.
- Manage the qualification and calibration of QC instruments and their certification in a timely manner.
- Undertake Laboratory Investigation Reports (LIRs), Deviations, Change Controls, CAPAs, Due Date Extension Requests and Effectiveness Reviews for related work.
- Manage the Reduced Testing program for Raw Materials and Packaging Componentry, ensuring an appropriate regime is maintained.
- Contribute to the development of the department and individuals through coaching and mentoring.
- Author Risk Assessments on an ad-hoc basis for processes, procedures and systems to ensure risks are identified and appropriately managed, including mitigation via corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs), where appropriate.
- Support the QC Support Manager, as directed in the execution of their duties.
- Abide by and champion the company’s values (Dedication, Enjoyment, Courage, Honesty, Ambition) in all aspects of the role, including interaction with co-workers and third parties.
- In addition to the core responsibilities listed above, the jobholder may be required to perform other duties on an ad-hoc basis.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- >3 years’ experience working at an advanced level with analytical techniques (traditional and instrumental) in a pharmaceutical GMP environment.
- GMP regulations for products produced, tested and marketed within the UK, EU and US.
- Significant laboratory equipment usage and maintenance experience.
- Advanced knowledge in validation and verification processes within pharmaceutical industry.
- Familiar with environmental, health & safety, regulatory and company standards.
- Computer literate, with an attention to detail (inc. formatting) and clarity.
- Excellent understanding of performance qualification and experience in writing related protocols
About the Company
About Your Application
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC