Capital Projects Engineer - 12 Month FTC
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
As a Project Engineer you are responsible for providing effective leadership and management to a dedicated team working within the Operations department by coordinating and co-executing the maintenance of the maintenance, making changes, extensions and/or new construction to or of production installations, energy supply, buildings and sites in an efficient and cost-technically acceptable manner according to applicable regulations (environment, safety, GMP, FDA) Partly as ensuring that the machinery is up-to-date with regard to calibration status.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Conducting work consultations, ensuring timely communication regarding the translation of the policy and developments to the team.
- Working with the TL group, to ensure the day-to-day management of the departmental process, to ensure that common goals are achieved and plans are established and executed, to meet product delivery requirements on a 0-6 month horizon
- Encouraging safe working and continuously improving the culture.
- intervening/ eliminating organisational, technological and other imperfections and taking measures to improve/eliminate.
- planning and organizing project activities, indicating priorities for diagnoses in the event of malfunctions, taking measures
- advising on urgency, safety, consequences in the event of postponement
- (have) inspected installations for compliance with safety standards, regulations
- inspecting installations, buildings and means of transport in terms of state of maintenance for the sake of technical reliability and minimizing integral maintenance costs
- Drawing up preventive maintenance plans for all production equipment and building-related installations in use. Taking care of and (partly) carrying out maintenance (malfunctions, condition-dependent and preventive) and construction work for new construction, adjustments and repairs
- Testing and commissioning of new machines in such a way that optimal use is made of the technical possibilities of the machine. This in close cooperation with the first Operator responsible for this machine.
- Responsible for the delivery and documentation of technical documentation and As-Built data for all machines present.
- In consultation with other departments, dealing with questions regarding replacement and purchase of equipment and adjustment in existing working methods.
- Responsible for calibrating all new equipment mentioned in the master calibration plan within the production departments of Dechra.
- Co-ensuring the validation of production processes and machines in close cooperation with the validation employee.
- Co-ensuring research into deviations in the production process in collaboration with the Validation Specialists.
- Keep the ABS and BMI system operational and up-to-date.
- Participation in project groups, both as a project leader or as a participant.
- ATEX responsible
- Drawing up an adequate maintenance system In close cooperation with the departments involved, drawing up maintenance standards and methods for the entire machine park and building
- Carrying out consignment work in accordance with the Consignment Regulations Technical Service
- Being able to address people on their actions both positive and negative
respect and co-enforce rules of conduct as they apply in a (sterile) pharmaceutical environment
Comply with the required standards with regard to documentation, GMP, HSE, OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY, time registration, legal regulations and in accordance with the rules and requirements of the GMP/FDA regulations regulations, the code of conduct, quality manual and the Dechra Personnel Regulations.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Being able to influence and coach employees by using good communication skills. Organizational skills
- Managerial skills
- Experience working in a clean room environment
- Experience working in aseptic manufacturing process is highly desirable
- MBO+ work and thinking levelIn possession of required relevant job related diplomas
- Experience in a pharmaceutical production environment
- Knowledge of production processes and equipment
- Knowledge of electrical engineering, measurement and control technology
- Knowledge of WTB and cooling/heating technology
- Knowledge of environmental, occupational health and safety, GMP and operating regulations
- Knowledge of production techniques for repairs
- Fluent English speaking. Dutch or German speaking is highly desirable
About the Company
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC