Capital Projects Engineer - 12 Month FTC
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2500 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Dechra Skipton is investing!
We need a Project Engineer with extensive experience in manufacturing, filling and packing and site services equipment with experience(s) in sectors including pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, health and personal care, food, confectionery, beverage, or similar highly regulated production environments.
The Project Engineer is responsible for managing the planning and implementation of capital and revenue projects ensuring that projects are delivered on time, to specification and on budget such that expected benefits are delivered to the business.
The Project Engineer will be accountable for management of multiple concurrent projects.
Projects will cover factory equipment including manufacturing process, filling, packing and site services / infrastructure (including HVAC, WFI, purified water etc).
Products and production processes include Solid Dose (wet granulation, dry blending, compression and encapsulation), Liquids, Creams and Ointments and Terminally Sterilised injectables.
The role will also be responsible for the adherence to all relevant health, safety & environmental guidelines throughout the lifecycle of the project and project implementation and equipment usage will be required to meet all current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Combine requirements from Safety, Quality, Operations, Manufacturing Science & Technology (MS&T), Engineering and Supply functions to generate a clear user requirement specification for equipment
- Plan and execute implementation of projects to meet business deliverables, ensuring accurate, up-to-date project plans are available and managed effectively with risks registered, identified & mitigation actions planned and implemented when required
- To take full ownership of all aspects of the project through entire lifecycle including; Contractual and Commercial matters, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance / Control, Finance and cash flow, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Client Relationship
- Equipment supplier selection; complete analysis of potential suppliers and quantitatively select best option for the business and support equipment purchase negotiations
- Define accurate project budgets ensuring projects are implemented to budget and deliver expected benefits
- Lead the installation, qualification (DQ, IQ, OQ, PQ) and commissioning of the equipment; including leadership of Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) at Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and leadership of Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) at Dechra site(s)
- Manage resources (internal & external) to ensure project activities are completed to specification, on time & on cost
- Ensure good communication channels are in place and effective
- Projects are handed over to “customers” (Operations, Quality, Engineering etc) effectively and efficiently
- Support Operations teams in troubleshooting, diagnostics and issue resolution
- Support Operations teams in optimising performance of the equipment
- Complete post CAPEX appraisals ensuring lessons learnt are applied and shared appropriately
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Proven record of in depth expertise and experience in installation and commissioning of manufacturing, process, filling, packing & services equipment including project management delivery experience within the pharmaceutical, cosmetics, health and personal care, food, confectionery, beverage, or similar highly regulated production environments
- Ability to lead individual projects while coordinating with all stakeholders
- Experience in project planning and implementation
- Degree in Engineering, Engineering related subject or relevant experience
- IT literate
- Achievement focused and able to work in a direct and often pressurised environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Tenacity, tough-mindedness with ability to influence and demonstrate strong team working
- Committed, conscientious, methodical and detailed worker
- Ability to manage multiple activities and can work on own initiative
- Commitment and tenacity to overcome challenges that are faced
- Flexibility to effectively and efficiently respond to and embrace change(s)
- Flexible to travel, as required for supplier visits and equipment testing at OEM.
- Actively helps improve the delivery and performance of new equipment for the business
- Entrepreneurial skills in terms of innovation and problem solving
- The business language in Dechra is English, therefore fluency in English is essential
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Production or support
- Experience in Technical Transfer of Pharmaceutical products
- Knowledge and experience of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, process development and validation
- cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) requirements
- Prince2 qualification
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC