At Dechra we are pleased to provide career opportunities to a diverse population of employees across our business. We are now looking to recruit two individuals to be part of our journey, improving our use of computer systems in a compliant way to support our purpose of sustainable improvement of local animal health and welfare.
This role is not an IT or programming role. It is a role which develops, implements and contributes to testing of our computer systems. These projects make sure that the systems we use in the manufacturing process are compliant.
You will gain an understanding of the wider Dechra processes in manufacturing. This is so the testing of these computer systems shows they do what they should, to ensure safe products for our animals, whose health is a key focus, at the heart of our purpose.
This role can be a hybrid position or done full time from our Northwich office.
Prior to computer systems and applications installations across the Company globally, the software has to be tested to ensure that it meets the rigorous requirements of the pharmaceutical industry, regulatory authorities and Company quality standards. This role will be a part of the testing team, specifically focused on delivering the system that supports the quality assurance department across the business. The testing, called “validation”, is performed following strict rules and regulations required for making veterinary medicinal products.
- Accurately writing and executing test scripts of various systems across the Company
- Working collaboratively with Computerised System Validation (CSV) team and project teams to ensure that the validation is delivered on time and compliantly
- Share understanding of the system and its functionality with the users of the system
- Liaising with project team members to ensure deadlines are met within project plan timelines
- Identify and provide feedback into lessons learnt sessions to improve processes
The Ideal Candidate
- A keen interest in a science, technology working environment within which you can build a career
- Able to find solutions and complete tasks in a timely manner
- A competent level of IT skill is essential (particularly MS Office e.g Word, Excel)
- Will have good verbal, written and interpersonal communication in English
- The candidate should have level 3 or relevant A level qualification
We are an equal opportunities employer with fair treatment for all candidates. We welcome applicants from less socially mobile backgrounds, disabled and/ or neurodiverse candidates, along with any other protected characteristic. This is to further increase our opportunities in a more inclusive manner. We may provide additional support through employability workshops, prior to selection or make adjustments to the process to support the needs of these candidates.
This opportunity is unique as no previous experience is required. We will provide the career pathway support you need in this exciting field of technical expertise. Wherever, you are on your career journey a new role is a challenge, particularly if you are leaving college or university and are looking to join the professional world. We know this is a big step. We get that. That’s why we offer plenty of support when you join us. You will be provided with a buddy within your team even before you start. They can answer any questions you have before and after joining us. Once you’re here, you’ll have a large support network that includes team colleagues and HR contacts.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC