Country Manager Belgium
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleague globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
The Country Manager leads and manages a team to develop a high performing culture to enable acquiring and retaining Dechra’ s customers across Belgium.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Full profit & loss responsibility, deliver top line and bottom line growth/profitability
- Developing business strategy and sales execution in a high growth organization
- Define and manage the KPI’s in line with the business strategy
- Prepare and agree annual business plan and (sales) budgets for the country
- Provide effective leadership, motivate and enlarge an experienced team of 10+ employees including sales, marketing, product management and sales & marketing support.
- Drive performance reviews and development planning process with annual and half year review meetings
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders such as international product management, finance and HR in the European headquarters in the Netherlands and the UK, in order to maximize business results
- Build and maintain relationships with key veterinary accounts and wholesalers nationwide providing pharmaceutical animal health products and medical devices.
- Consistently expand the customer and opinion leader network.
- Work across the business to support, develop and improve customer value
- Recruit, build and develop a high performing team to deliver business results
- Coach and provide guidance and career development for all employees
- Being part of the larger Country Management team of Europe and involved in strategical and tactical discussions and decisions
- Cooperate closely with Dechra’s European Key Account Manager Consolidated Groups
- You will report to Commercial Director DVP EU
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- A higher professional education Academic level
- Proven track record and experience in sales and/or marketing in the field of animal health or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management position; preferably in general management and in an international environment.
- Sales-driven entrepreneurial qualities and an international, open-minded attitude;
- Deep understanding of customer and market needs
- Change management experience
- Leadership skills required to engage, motivate and manage the Belgian team
- The ability to understand the Business needs and to be customer-oriented at all times
You will fit in:
- If you have a strong commercial mindset
- If you are self-motivated – driven with an ambition to succeed
- If you are flexible to change and able to lead the change
- If you are cooperative and have the desire to make a difference together
- If you can develop cooperative relationships
- English Fluent | verbal and written
- French Fluent | verbal and written
- Flemish or Dutch Fluent | verbal and written
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC