Digital Communications Specialist
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
As part of our continued global growth, we have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Digital Communications Specialist to join our group Digital Communications team.
Reporting the the Head of Digital Communications, the successful candidate will support the Global Digital Communications team with the planning and delivery of a range of digital and traditional media in support of Dechra’s overall content and communication strategy, including the creation of multi-media content for internal communications and the management of the intranet (OneDechra) and brand marketing campaigns.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Ensure that tone-of-voice and brand character is reflected in all marketing collateral copy, as well as special projects
- Assist with the implementation of the updated brand positioning
- Support the Head of Digital Communications with content planning and creation, focussing on all digital and traditional channels, including Dechra’s intranet platform OneDechra, social media, websites, newsletters, press materials and marketing collateral
- Work closely with allocated areas of the business to assess their internal communications needs
- Support and drive internal communication projects in line with the agreed Internal Communication strategy
- Support in the development and implementation of Dechra’s Employer Brand communications and tools
- Support with the proactive generation of internal and external news and content (write, build and send) and maintain regular contact with key sources throughout the global group to find interesting angles
- Take an active role in developing and implementing a PR strategy, including the social media strategy
- Support with press office activities, including crafting and coordinating press features
- Play an active role in developing the content-related part of the SEO strategy
- Create compelling and engaging employee content for the Dechra global group, and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across different locations
- Track topical issues and identify news hooks relevant to our marketing campaigns to be leveraged for content creation/execution benefit.
- Measure and evaluate feedback and analytics on distributed content to continuously improve and assist with the production of monthly management reports
- Track competitor communications and content to ensure we differentiate our brand and gain stand out in the market
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Editorial or content experience - either from a pure editorial background or in a communications function, e.g. PR, writing editorial content for online and media channels
- Experience in internal communication/intranet platforms
- Experience in developing content for Social Media platforms
- Experience in writing for a mix of online and offline channels
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital communication /social media
- Experience in using design software, including Adobe CC and/or Content Management systems would be an advantage
- Impeccable copywriting skills - must have a strong flair for writing, with proven experience drafting brand copy, social posts, blogs, features, and press releases
About the Company
About Your Application
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC