Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Responsible for the overall performance of plant, machinery & electrical installations on the Manufacturing facility. This will entail the completion of Planned maintenance Activities, troubleshooting and fault finding to maximise uptime and ensure targets are met for availability and reliability, whilst ensuring Safety and Quality Compliance is achieved at all times.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Ensure that the relevant PM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) and electrical contractor service inspections are conducted on time, as dictated by the PM system and service contracts.
- Ensure all statutory electrical inspections are completed on time and all remedial work is logged and completed by the Site Services Department.
- Manage external contractors, issue work permits for electrical activities and carry out active monitoring.
- Identify best practise and implement improvements to ensure continuous improvement.
- Complete repairs and breakdowns in a timely manner and perform RCA’s (Root Cause Analysis) for all breakdowns to ensure not only corrective actions are completed but preventative actions are put in place.
- Liaise with external professionals and specialists as necessary, to achieve the necessary results.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping, cleaning and hygiene.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure that all work carried out in a controlled manner.
- Immediately escalate any serious failure which could adversely affect health and safety, environment or product quality.
- Ensure that all relevant departments are kept informed of planned electrical engineering activities in their area.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
Time served accredited apprentice or equivalent experience with appropriate certification; City & Guilds 2382 17th edition, 2393 Part P, 2365 Electrical installations, or working towards one of these standards
Experience in PLC fault finding is desirable but not essential
Competitive salary and Benefits
25 days annual leave + bank holidays
Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday each year
8% Employer Pension Contribution (rising to 12% after 5 years service)
Free access to Headspace App
Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC