Group Tax Assistant Manager
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
We have an exciting opportunity for an Tax Assistant Manager to join our growing Group Tax function. Based at our global HQ in Northwich, Cheshire, the role primarily supports the Group Tax function including management of Group tax compliance, interim/year-end tax reporting and Budget/Forecast cycle responsibilities.
As Group Tax Assistant Manager you will also support various Group Tax activities such as structuring and M&A activities, tax governance activities, various aspects of transfer pricing compliance and policy, and activities such as helping to prepare for the introduction of BEPS 2.0 Pillar 2.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Preparation and filing of UK tax returns.
- Calculation and payment of UK quarterly payments and group relief.
- Prepare and file UK Research and Development Credit.
- Management of overseas corporate tax compliance.
- Corporate Interest Restriction compliance and management.
- Management of withholding taxes.
- Operation of Corporate Tax Controls.
- Preparation of interim (and support for year-end) tax reporting (direct support to Group Senior Tax Manager) and Budget cycle.
- Assistance with analysis of ETR.
- Advisory on ad-hoc projects.
- Input to Group structuring and M&A projects.
- Repatriation strategies.
Transfer Pricing Support & Other Taxes
- Assistance with transfer pricing documentation and policies.
- Assistance with maintenance and data gathering in respect of quarterly transfer pricing adjustments.
- Support to build and maintain Country–by-Country Reporting model.
- Support with preparation for BEPS 2.0 Pillar 2 compliance.
- Ongoing day-to-day support in respect of general tax including VAT, employment taxes advice and transfer pricing tasks as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- CTA and/or ACCA/ATT/ACA/CA qualified is desirable. Part-qualified and study support also considered (at a more junior level).
- Minimum three years UK corporate tax experience, ideally gained from working at a large accountancy firm or in an in-house Corporate Tax role.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant tax legislation.
- An awareness/ experience of indirect taxes would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in tax accounting and of transfer pricing is desirable but not essential
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC