Head of Quality Management Systems
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
As Head of Quality Management Systems (QMS) , the role will be responsible for the leadership of the Audit and Quality Management System functions across the group, ensuring the ongoing development and review of effective systems and standards and leading the Enterprise Quality Management System (EQMS) project. In addition, the role will provide leadership to the Global Audit team to maximise compliance and delivery of QMS and GMP/GDP requirements.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Review QMS currently in operation across Dechra Manufacturing sites, define and recommend appropriate QMS framework, guidance, policy and SOP’s. This includes the development of a Group QMS from architecture, policies, standards, tracking, and the overarching documentation.
- Scope the EQMS requirements, source supplier, implement within budget and optimise effectiveness of use on sites.
- Ensure system supports internal and external manufacturing networks , in recalls, complaints, CG, deviations, sanctions as per the contractual and service level agreements.
- Ensure that proposed EQMS solution supports regulatory compliance and minimises risk.
- Establishing and embedding the QMS and a pragmatic quality culture across the organisation.
- Working with the Group Quality Director to lead the development programme for the Quality function.
- Develop the strategic plan to ensure audit compliance using both internal and external resources as efficiently and effectively in a consistent planned manner
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to here from those who have/are:
- Extensive demonstrated pharmaceutical quality experience, including audit, batch record review, change control, complaint handling and investigations experience.
- A thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical/nutraceutical manufacturing, packaging, testing, and distribution processes and associated global regulatory GMP/GDP requirements.
- Experience of working with an effective eQMS including reporting, KPI setting and training of use of the system
- Experience in revising, implementing and maintaining Pharmaceuticals Quality Systems compliance with EU and FDA GMP requirements
- Multi-site/Global with change management experience to transform cultures
- Proven leadership capabilities in a senior quality role across multi-site locations
- Degree in Chemistry or equivalent, or, significant understanding/experience QMS – eligibility for QP status would be desirable
Competitive plus benefits.
About the Company
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleague globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC