Inside Sales Representative - Western Canada
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) drives the sale of Dechra products in partnership with Dechra Territory Managers (TM’s) to achieve Dechra’s shared sales goals. The ISR builds trusting relationships with new and existing customers in order to sell Dechra’s innovative products to companion animal veterinary clinics. The ISR works closely with their respective TM’s to educate veterinarians and their clinic teams, as well as attend relevant local and regional conferences as needed.
The role requires you to become a product line sales expert and relationship builder with stellar communication skills including active listening. You will be expected to build and maintain territory plans and demonstrates flexibility to quickly adjust the plan to meet changing market conditions and meet or exceed annual goals. Other responsibilities:
- Maintain proficient product knowledge on Dechra products and competitive products.
- Monitor sales activities: calls completed, number of clinics reached, number of orders etc.
- Maintain detailed customer call notes in Salesforce.com
- Develop pre-call plans for each outbound call including a well-defined commitment objective.
- Maintain a well develop sales process that supports getting to the decision maker, exploring needs and closing the sale.
- Provide competitive intelligence to Dechra management and suggested solutions to those competitive activities.
- Maintain initiative by shifting priorities as needed, sharing best practices and having a sense of urgency.
- Build deep relationships through interpersonal relationships with hospital staff members, doctors and distributor agents by listening to needs of the customer.
- Maintain good reporting for: expenses, bi-annual field activities and internal communications.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must reside in Western Canada, preferably Alberta or British Columbia.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and an ability to pick up new systems & software
- Demonstrate strong analytical & organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- 2+ years of sales experience (animal health sales experience preferred).
- Demonstrated success at increasing top line revenue sales.
- Superior listening and communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills.
- Must be a team player with flexibility
- Mandatory to have solid interpersonal skills and be adaptable
- Commitment to ensuring projects are completed
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Familiar with data analysis, management, and manipulation
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC