Lab Technician (Late Shift)
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
As a Lab Technician you are responsible for cleaning laboratory glassware, laboratory housekeeping, sending of samples to external laboratories, stock control and ordering. To perform all duties in accordance with written procedures and the site quality management system (adherence to cGMP at all times).
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Clean laboratory glassware and other items to the high standard required for scientific work (using glassware washer or cleaning by hand as appropriate).
- Distribute clean and sterile glassware within the laboratory.
- Maintain inventory of glassware and glass washing supplies, order and replace items as needed.
- Assist with the cleaning and general housekeeping of the laboratories as directed, including putting away cleaned glassware and other items.
- Assist with ordering laboratory supplies such as chemical reagents, columns and solvents.
- Control lab stock levels (perform stock checks and rotation of stock).
- Calibration of equipment (including but not limited to): balances, pH meter, density meter, viscometer, drop point.
- Empty specialist waste bins and containers and remove to appropriate processing point.
- Comply with GMP, GLP and Health and Safety standards at all times.
- Preparation and dispatch of samples to external laboratories.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties assigned upon completion of training.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Scientific background (previous lab experience/ FE study of a scientific subject)
- Computer literate.
- Very precise and concentrated work.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures when undertaking duties.
- Careful, conscientious and thorough approach, paying attention to detail to ensure agreed standards are met.
- Works flexibly and prioritises tasks to meet deadlines
Team leadership skills
- Ability to work independently upon completion of training.
Good communicative skills
- Excellent customer service skills, highly motivated.
- High regard for safety, cGMP, site policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communicator,
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, driven and resourceful
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Results focussed. Committed to ensuring projects are completed correctly and on time.
- Setting priorities and planning
- Versatility and flexibility and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with passion and enthusiasm
Competitive salary and Benefits
Average 36 hour working week (with a day off every other Friday!)
Working hours 14:15 - 22:45
22.5 days annual leave + Bank holidays
Option to buy a week's holiday each year
8% Employer Pension Contribution
Free access to Headspace App
Option to join Sharesave scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC