Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleague globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Reporting to the Head of Operations & Engineering, we have a Manufacturing Manager role at our Skipton site. Responsible for the overall operations and leadership of the manufacturing teams, and direct leadership of the manufacturing supervisors, ensuring a safe and compliant environment and manufacturing quality products, on time and to meet customer demand.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Leading a team of circa 50 employees across two shifts to manufacture pharmaceuticals products in various dosage forms
- Ensure effective production, financial and resource planning to ensure the on time delivery of all production activities, including key projects, required to meet quality and customer demand
- Work actively with Technical Services, Engineering, QC, QA and Validation to monitor and optimise use of plant capacity to ensure product delivery to agreed customer deadlines
- Ensure we have sufficiently trained staff for all equipment to ensure we can meet all planned production
- Lead a compliance culture within manufacturing, ensuring all team members adhere to SOP's and comply with their individual responsibilities for cGMP, to ensure there are no deficiencies and the production area is audit ready
- Champion quality and productivity improvements, encouraging all team members to come forward with ideas and supporting them to implement them, where this is possible.
- Ensuring department KPIs are met and that established cGMP quality standards are adhered to at all times
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to here from those who have/are:
- Proven industry and management experience from a highly regulated GMP manufacturing/packing facility, either from the Pharmaceutical or similarly regulated industry/environment
- Evidence of driving a continuous improvement culture with operational teams
- Proven ability to lead a team and drive change and improvement in that team
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both with the team, and with other areas
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management skills.
- Established people manager
About the Company
About Your Application
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC