Meeting & Events Manager - Executive Admin
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
The Corporate Events Manager / Executive Admin will report directly to the President of North America. They will manage all of the national trade shows, commercial meetings, and events for the U.S. as well as executive administrative duties for the NA Board. This position will also support other departments, specifically with corporate related events, and will work closely with the office manager.
This position will need to be organized, proactive, self- motivated, and creative. They will need to manage, prioritize, and coordinate multiple events with many deadlines and convey updates and deadlines to both internal and external customers.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Plan and execute all corporate events, commercial meetings, and national trade shows for sales (Equine, FAP, and CAP) – all logistics, reservations, meals, attendance, etc.
- National Sales Meeting, All Regional Sales Meetings, VPS and VTS meetings, RAC meetings, management meetings, any BD meetings, VMX, WVC, etc.
- Support the DVP-NA executive team with any related projects or administrative duties with discretion.
- Analyze, plan, execute, measure, repeat or adjust meetings as necessary.
- Understand straightforward contracts and agreements.
- Work cross functionally with other Dechra Teams • Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with vendors and organize third-party providers and vendors.
- Attend meetings as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
- Managing multiple projects and focus on the details.
- The successful completion of projects and events
- Clear and efficient communication throughout each stage in the process
- Identify areas of improvement and execute.
- Build relationships across multiple departments.
- Ensuring deadlines are met throughout the activity.
- Continuing Education on best practices for Meeting and Event Planning
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Concur
- Event management experience
- Excellent communication skills
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC