Head of Manufacturing Operations
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
This role is fully responsible for managing and defining the operational delivery plan for the site, with consideration of the commercial benefit for the wider Dechra strategic plan.
Responsible for optimising the quality, cost, delivery and sfatey performance of all site based production and engineering processes.
People lead within functional responsibility areas to include motivate and develop staff ensuring that they are well informed and have ownership of their responsibilities and are able to deliver business requirements within their own responsibilities.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Create a safe working environment across the functions with a focus on driving health, safety and environmental improvements to benefit the business and employees.
- Responsible for manufacturing operations (packing and production), engineering, capital project handling, facilities and continuous improvement within these areas.
- Delivery to plan supporting commercial aspirations OTIF through supporting an integrated site approach with the Head of Supply Chain and Quality, ensuring compliance and teamwork is effective.
- Ensure a quality mindset is integrated within all processes and employees within the function.
- Work effectively with the Technical teams to refine processes, ensuring robust products within specification and for optimum manufacture of products working with regulatory to ensure adequate controls and changes are in place in a timely manner, ensuring continuous supply to the markets.
- Support the Product Development teams within Dechra to facilitate transition of products from development into full scale production.
- Ensure escalation as appropriate of any risks to the plan for delivery and proposals to mitigate the risks identified.
- Operate within the agreed KPI’s, financial and other measures. Identify and implement site plans to improve COGS.
- Use of systems within the business, including implementation of new systems and processes as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring effective GMP and other regulatory bodies standards are met and that the employees within the department understand the contextual value of these to the business and their role and ensure review of standards as appropriate.
- Ensure effective training, development and management of people within the functional areas including effective management of associated people policies within the business.
- Support the wider site culture transformation to transition to a change ready site to ensure ongoing improvements and move to a strategic, forward proactive facing plan for the site and to deliver together for Dechra.
- Ensure effective two way communication within and across functions, for all levels of the site, creating an inclusive, empowered way of working.
- Lead the site in the absence of the Site Director as appropriate.
Key Performance Indicators
- Lead and ensure delivery of compliant products OTIF, within budget
- Improve the quality processes closing out OOS, deviations within the agreed deadlines
- Comply with all EH&S
- Lead people within agreed, defined people KPI’s
- Build an effective team with use of labor with correct skills, in a safe manner, within budget
- Deliver CAPEX projects within budget
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
- Technical Background or Expertise
- Building Effective Teams
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Custom Focus
- Managing Vision and Purpose
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive experience in working within a compliance/regulated industry
- Strong operational background with an understanding of production, engineering, facilities and compliance departments.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial and business acumen
- Knowledge of process application, equipment and integrated business systems approaches
- Experience of leading a multi-disciplines/functional team through a change process
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- Experience of working within a GMP environment
- Sound knowledge of production, engineering, quality and facilities within a pharmaceutical environment
- Knowledge of chemistry and micro-biology
- Experience of FDA,MHRA and other regulatory pharmaceutical bodies
- Working knowledge of MS Project and managing cross functional projects
- Good employee relations experience
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC