Packer (late shift) - 12 Month FTC
Packer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Full-time hours, Monday to Friday
Late shift, 14:00 - 22:30
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Become an integral member of the Dechra team and play an important role in meeting the needs of our customers. The day-to-day will offer a fresh and varied approach to work with lots of rotation across multiple product lines. The wide range of products vary from blister products, injections and vials, to shampoos and treatment gels, ear drop solutions, and a variety of packing types and syringes.
You'll be working across various machines including; fillers, tablet counters, labellers, cartoners, shrink wrappers, conveyors and pumps. We take pride in operating within a clean environment and we all chip in with cleaning within the areas we work, mopping floors and keeping the walls and ceilings clean.
This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Pack product to the highest quality standard, compliant to regulatory dossier and in accordance with the current GMP guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Packing batch documents and comply with their individual responsibilities to GMP.
- To ensure the efficient and safe use of machinery and equipment.
- To keep strictly to Packing methods as laid down in the documentation.
- Support Packing Specialists and Shift manager in requesting and receiving all relevant documentation in a timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra, we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life.
We don't necessarily expect you to have done the role previously but we would expect you to have a high level of attention to detail and strong work ethic. It's a fast-paced environment, so working effectively at pace is key. You'll need to have a good eye for detail, check there's no damage to components or products and fill in documentation in the right way.
You'll need to be able to take instructions well. Each room has a line lead or operator and can vary in team size from 2-6 team members, sometimes 9 team members in certain scenarios. Being able to absorb information from them cohesively and work well as a team to maximise efficiency will be essential.
We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing/packing environment is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Good Manufacturing Practice regulations is desirable but not essential
- Any mechanical knowledge would be an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid numerical and literacy skills, don’t need to be a rocket scientist but you will need to have high levels of accuracy
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- 36 Hour Working Week + Every other Friday Off!
- Working hours 14.00- 22.30
- 22.5 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Option to buy an extra week's holiday each year
- 8% Employer Pension Contribution
- Free access to Headspace App
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free On-site parking
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC