Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
The VS Reliability Engineer is responsible for supporting operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and improving the reliability of all equipment. To provide essential preventative and reactive maintenance activities for the plant in a fast-paced GMP governed manufacturing environment.
Leading implementation of good run settings and standards and leading breakdown analysis, root cause analysis and training delivery.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Delivery of improvements to ensure reliability of equipment and to improve asset performance.
- Implementation and training of good run settings and standards.
- Assist the team in order to pack product to high quality standards and maintain quality standards in accordance with the set GMP standards and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) whilst driving adherence to team members.
- Support, attend and comply with any planned in house training or on the job training.
- Maintain a culture of the efficient and safe use of machinery and equipment.
- Follow safe systems of work identified by relevant risk assessments. Comply with PPE policy at all times.
- To ensure all equipment is clean and maintained in a good working order and where deficiencies are found to manage timelines of repair and improvements.
- Proactively reviewing machinery and equipment for defects, safety concerns or suitability while performing GEMBA walks and resolving any issues accordingly.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping, cleanliness and personal hygiene within the department.
- To notify the Value Stream Shift Leader, as a matter of urgency, if there has been any serious failure of safety or GMP which could affect staff safety, product quality or operational efficiency.
- To resolve any issues in the first instance and escalate if it cannot be resolved. Provide and deliver solutions to problems.
- To lead operational excellence incentives to improve efficiency.
- Prepare and Store all departmental equipment in readiness for use whilst ensuring all relevant documentation is adhered to.
- Lead in all departmental maintenance tasks and support Engineering with their PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) where applicable.
- Lead in all department ‘Shutdown’s’ and ‘Start-up’s’ to ensure minimal ‘Time Loss’.
- Liaise with production / QA to carry out work orders, ensuring timely completion of work orders giving accurate and valuable detail for asset history following the functional failure
- Ensure minimal unscheduled downtime through fast and effective response to breakdowns, monitor the performance of the line post breakdown to ensure it is fully operational
- Lead the RCA (root cause analysis) to stop any issues from re-occurring and implement robust CaPas
- Ensure cGMP is adhered to and maintained as well as Health & Safety.
- Continuous improvement of equipment, improving safety, efficiency, changeovers and minimising downtime.
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner, diagnose faults, define remedial action and implement. Report findings to VSSL and Engineering.
- Complete all administration work in a timely manner including all cGMP documents associated with setting up machinery and equipment are correct and complete.
- Demonstrate and drive all DECHRA values and encourage others to do the same.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- A self-motivated enthusiastic individual who can work well within a team environment and as an individual performing associated packing activities including the setup, maintenance, operation and cleaning of equipment, whilst being able to complete associated documentation accurately and in a timely manner, in line with strict procedures.
- A person with a positive attitude who is able to constructively challenge others as well as give and receive feedback in a respectful and professional manner whilst demonstrating the Dechra values.
- Good Knowledge of Health and Safety Compliance
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively with both peers and other departments
- Proven industry experience from a regulated GMP manufacturing environment
- Low to Medium manufacturing environment
- Maths and English to GCSE grade C or equivalent level
- Apprentice trained in some form of mechanical engineering, maintenance or car mechanics
- IOSH or NEBOSH Qualification desirable
- Electrical Bias, with current 17th IEE regulations desirable
- Exposure to QMS – CAPA’s, CC, RCA etc is desirable
- Risk & COSHH assessment training is desirable
- Working knowledge of Pneumatics / hydraulics is desirable
- Basic Continuous improvement project experience is desirable
- RCA (Root cause analyses techniques) is desirable
- Previous experience in a Pharma environment is desirable
- Demonstrable ability of similar batch manufacturing is desirable
Competitive salary and Benefits
25 days annual leave + bank holidays
Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday each year
8% Employer Pension Contribution
Free access to Headspace App
Option to join Sharesave scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC