Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Have overall responsibility for the planning and scheduling of Skipton site manufacturing, filling & packing and Quality Control (QC), co-ordinating cross-functionally with Operations, Quality and Warehouse, to ensure product is delivered to customers on time in full (OTIF).
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Consolidation of the 24 month net requirements demand plan and converting this to a level loaded, flexible repeating schedule which ensures routine, reliable delivery on time in full to all customers
- Responsibility for ensuring generation of a 24mth rough cut capacity plan (RCCP) for the site
- Responsible for management of inventory to target levels for raw & pack materials and finished goods.
- Develop and maintain material control systems; to ensure correct levels of inventory are held
- Accountable for delivery of zero backorders, where any miss from target is resolved in a timely manner by identifying and actioning root cause(s).
- Overall responsibility for ensuring Skipton site planning calendar is adhered to
- Influence the “end to end” planning process to ensure internal and external customers’ needs are met
- Form strong relationships with all key stakeholders to ensure commitment to the plan
- Ensure any plan changes are committed to by all stakeholders and effectively communicated.
- Drive continuous improvement of the planning process
- Ensure delivery of required Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Communication with other Dechra sites for QC planning, testing and QP release
- Control of reject batches and expired materials, investigating root cause and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Management of Planning QMS activities to ensure compliance and no overdues
- Respond to internal /external audits within agreed QA timescales.
- Uphold Health, Safety and Environmental standards on site.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Analytically minded with problem solving skills and demonstrates a “can-do” attitude
- Constantly self-learn and improve, while role modelling and helping and coaching others to be better too
- Focus on what is important for customers by ensuring plans are delivered
- Deliver better results by contributing, challenging and finding ways to set new standards
- An effective team member who can pro-actively identify and resolve planning problems efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, and to develop and maintain strong team dynamics and collaboration.
- Excellent management, negotiating and organisational skills
- A high level of competency in Excel & Microsoft Office
- Significant experience in production planning and scheduling
- High ERP knowledge, ideally Oracle literacy and familiarity
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and achieve results
- Ability to prioritize and focus team on appropriate tasks
- Experience working in a cGMP aligned pharmaceutical environment is desirable but not essential
- Ideally a degree/professional qualification in a Supply-Chain / MRP / Scheduling / Logistics-related subject.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
36 Hour Working Week + Every other Friday Off!
Working hours 08:00 - 16:30
22.5 days annual leave + bank holidays
Option to buy an extra week's holiday each year
8% Employer Pension Contribution
Free access to Headspace App
Option to join Sharesave scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC