QC Laboratory Manager
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleague globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Reporting to the Site Quality Director, the QC Manager lead a team of circa 50 employees across 2 shifts. They are responsible for all analytical activities relating to Quality Control, including but not limited to; routine release analysis of intermediate samples (bulks) for finished product, stability studies and process validation analysis, ensuring all areas are executed within a timely manner.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Day to day management of QC department, managing priorities and a variety of stakeholders across the business.
- Leadership responsibilities of a large team with 4/5 direct reports
- Tracking and driving improvement of departmental KPI’s, preparation of reports on agreed performance criteria for the QC department, along with the preparation of Ad hoc reports as required to senior management and across site.
- Support managers with Out of Specification (OOS) and Out of Expectation (OOE) investigations by applying initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Quality Control fulfilling the requirements and responsibilities of this role as described in the EU GMP guidelines.
- Ensure Quality Control activities are performed consistently, on time and in accordance with both company and legal requirements.
- Support the hosting of external audits and inspections at the manufacturing site and assisting in managing responses to any deficiencies observed within the QC dept.
- Review non-compliances, deviations and complaints and support the QP in making the appropriate product quality decisions
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to here from those who have/are:
- Excess of 10 years relevant experience in a pharmaceutical GMP business
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant management experience in a pharmaceutical GMP QC laboratory.
- Knowledge of chemical and physical analysis techniques; Wet chemical techniques, water determination Karl Fischer, TOC, physical and general wet chemistry techniques, Chromatographic techniques. Ideally a knowledge of microbiological testing.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety, GMP, GLP and company regulations
- Experience of applying continuous improvement tools and routines to a laboratory environment.
About the Company
About Your Application
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC