QC Laboratory Trainer
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
The Technical Trainer and Application Specialist designs and delivers elite practical training to the quality control team on the Skipton site and acts as application owner for specialist laboratory systems. The role holder will be controlling user access and supporting the research, design, delivery and evaluation of training across all quality control teams including sampling, raw material, finished product, stability, cleaning validation, microbiology and QC support. QC support perform a variety of tasks including method validation, verification and transfer, equipment introduction, qualification and maintenance, reference standard management, and completion of compliance reviews, CAPA, change control, deviation and effectiveness checks.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Attain sufficient understanding of specialist laboratory applications to manage user access in line with data integrity requirements.
- Deliver technical training for new starters ensuring they are suitably trained and compliant in the use of equipment, processes and systems as per relevant SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Maintenance and design of relevant training curriculum plans for all roles
- Ownership of the technical training systems in quality control, conducting audits to ensure high standards are maintained
- Work with the quality control leadership team to ensure consistent approach to training
- Coordinate and conduct practical technical training sessions and assessments to ensure that employees demonstrate the competencies required by the Quality Management System to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Devise and deliver technical training programs according to organisational requirements and plans whether classroom, on the job, face to face or virtually. Tailor training to all learning styles to ensure effectiveness.
- Manage user access to specialist laboratory systems
- Ensure staff training/ competency assessment documentation is properly recorded and captured to meet regulatory requirements
- Ownership and update of training documentation and, where necessary, instrument, technique and system SOPs.
- Lead on the design and delivery of any training required for new equipment
- Continuously observe and evaluate the effectiveness of training and changes in behaviour and performance
- Work closely with Talent and Engagement Specialist to ensure technical training is aligned to soft skills training being delivered
- Identify improvements to the training programmes and implement continuous improvement activities
- Partner with other stakeholders to ensure compliance/ mandatory training is delivered in line with best practice
- Ensure that all training activities are delivered in line with business needs, on time and within budget
- Ensuring all training activities comply and actively promote the company’s quality standards, H&S requirements, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Support the effective utilisation of the apprenticeship levy, sourcing providers and monitoring apprenticeships in place.
- Play a key role with the department, as well as operating autonomously, when delivering training. Role model / partner in the development of in house ‘subject matter experts’ as training champions
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences, whilst maintaining engagement and attaining an excellent level of evaluation.
- Work with OEMs to optimise the working practices on equipment to find the most efficient and user-friendly processes
- Complete lifecycle management of training courses; development, delivery and maintenance.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
Behaviour and Values
(D) Dedication - committed to delivering excellence
(E) Enjoyment - enthusiastic and results driven
(C) Courage - able to take calculated risks
(H) Honesty - honest with a high level of integrity
(R) Relationships - team player
(A) Ambition - willing and able to go the extra mile
Knowledge and Experience
Competitive salary and Benefits
Average 36 hour working week with every other Friday off!
5 week's holiday + bank holidays
Option to buy an extra week holiday each year
8% Employer Pension Contribution
Free access to Headspace App
Option to join Sharesave scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC