Quality Assurance Associate
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
With a growing diverse portfolio of quality animal products Dechra Veterinary Products (Australia) is seeking an experienced and passionate Quality Assurance Associate. The QA Associate will primarily be responsible for assisting in the implementation and success of the quality management system by conducting QA audits and tests while monitoring and recording the results of processes, procedures, raw materials and finished goods within the manufacturing process.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Interprets and implements quality standards and procedures of the QMS within the manufacturing process.
- Drafts QA policies and procedures as required.
- Updates and maintains QA SOP’s and ensures compliance.
- Evaluates and reviews the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems.
- Plans, conducts, and monitors testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
- Updates and maintains raw material and packaging specifications, batch manufacturing and packing records, bulk product and finished product specifications ensuring changes and updates are made in a timely manner and specifications and records are accurate at all times.
- Maintain quality reporting documentation including auditing activities and ad hoc reporting.
- Incoming material inspection
- Product stability testing
- Calibration and deviation investigations
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Tertiary qualifications in chemistry or relevant science
- Proven experience in QA/QC role, preferably within the pharmaceutical manufacturing environment - GMP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound experience of Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / Powerpoint;
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to work with and around Penicillin.
A competitive remuneration is on offer (based on experience).
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC