Quality Assurance Manager
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Lead the QA operations team to drive the quality improvement and remediation objectives for Dechra Skipton ensuring customer and regulatory requirements are met for all product types and markets. Including leads change projects, and upskilling other teams to support this plan.
Drive the quality improvement and remediation objectives for Dechra Skipton ensuring customer and regulatory requirements are met for all product types and markets.
Work with the other Dechra Skipton Teams to support customer challenges, always providing an effective solution to our customer’s problems every time.
To coach and mentor other trainee QPs and QA release support team as part of their personal development.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- To drive a quality improvement and remediation objectives to improve compliance and reduce quality issues, reworks and batch failures. To promote quality culture across the site by liaising with cross functional teams and introducing improvement activities such as ‘Human Factors’ etc.
- To define quality standards of manufacture, pack and GMP at all times to those expected and required by the business and our customers.
- To participate in and provide support to both internal and external audits, including regulatory agency inspections (MHRA, FDA, EMA, etc.)
- To ensure all factory documentation is compliant with customer and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure cGMP is maintained at the Dechra Skipton site.
- To provide guidance for higher level decisions required for change management and deviation investigations, as required.
- Support Supplier Assurance programme including external audits of suppliers to provide assurance that all materials are sourced from approved suppliers
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Strong knowledge of global pharmaceutical legislation
- High impact and influencing skill
- Engagement as a core competence and working through others.
- Must have Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) across a wide range of disciplines and work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems
- Ability to motivate, coach, and teach others
- First class organisational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
- At least 5 years of experience in Pharmaceutical quality department
- In depth knowledge of licensed products, processes and legislation
- Previous experience working with MHRA, FDA and participating in regulatory agency inspections
- Previous experience of project management and time management
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC