Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
This position will work directly with the US Commercial teams in support of US Adjustments to Sales and Customer/Brand P&Ls for the US Controller and North America Financial Planning and Analysis. Support will also be provided to the US and Canadian Controllers, US PDRA and US DPM&S Business Partners through shared services on T&E/Concur and Motus. This can also include supporting financial and management reporting, forecasts and budgets in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
This position will interact with all personnel within the US and Canadian entities with the ultimate goal of accurate and timely reporting and completion of reconciliations as applicable within Dechra Financial Policies.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
US Accounting Support & Adjustments to Sales Budget Manager (30%)
- ERP accounting system experience required, Oracle experience preferred.
- Supports the preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts for the income statement and balance sheet by primarily reconciling Adjustments to Sales.
- Establish/maintain processes to capture relevant information for reporting and compliance with Finance Policies and Baseline Controls.
- Create and book US Gross to Net journal entries.
- Responsible for the in-channel liability accrual for the US.
- Consult with other entity GL owners as necessary in support of actual to budget differences.
- Assist in the forecasting associated with the Gross to Net projections.
- Facilitate customer payments through Accounts Payable.
Customer/Brand P&L Generation and Maintenance (30%)
- Liaise (Oracle Group, Commercial Team, US Controller and North America Financial Planning and Analysis) to develop and maintain Customer & Product Group P&Ls.
- This would include developing assessments of cost centers and accounts at these levels at the Brand and Product
Concur/Motus Management for US and Canada (Commercial, DPM&S and PDRA) (30%)
- Responsible for developing written SOPs for T&E processes to include:
- New hires, terminations, employment changes
- Corporate card accruals and subsequent allocation journals
- Personal card employee payouts
- Quarterly reviews of accurate employee data
- Facilitate routine communication and follow-up of past due expenses with managers to drive complete and accurate financial records
- Implementing consistent processes across all North American entities
- Responsible for maintaining eLearning documentation of T&E processes for commercial team
- Assist with accurate reporting and management of Motus mileage tracking of commercial team
Miscellaneous Projects and to be defined activities (10%)
- Assist in liaising between Oracle/Hyperion team and Finance on Oracle and Hyperion projects and implementations
- Other as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
- CPA qualified or equivalent (2-4 years) accounting experience
- Pharmaceuticals experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal and good communication skills
- Analytical, detailed and accurate
- Able to work independently
- Enthusiastic with respect to being challenged and growing professionally
- Hands on/”roll up your sleeve”
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and enjoy working on a variety of projects/process improvements
- Exposure/experience with Oracle is desirable
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC