Site Operational Excellence and PMO Lead
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
This role is combining essential Operational Excellence and Project Manager responsibilities to support the site's strategic plans and is responsible for driving change by implementation of the Dechra Production System (DPS) standards and coaching local management and team members to achieve a step change in the performance of the site in terms of safety quality, delivery, sustainability and cost competitiveness while engaging and empowering the site employees.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- As a key member of the Site Leadership team (line report to the Site Director, dotted line report to the DPMS OPEX Lead) the Site OPEX/PMO Lead is accountable for:-
- DPS is used to develop the capability of all the Site personnel to implement day to day continuous improvement activities.
- To ensure the day to day continuous improvement activities result in a continuous improvement in the Site Performance towards the goal of Zero Harm, Zero Defects and Zero Waste.
- To lead the ‘self-assessment’ of the Site vs. the DPS Maturity matrices and to lead to site to close any gaps.
- To coach / train the Site teams in the DPS.
- Supporting the Site Director and Leadership team to define the site strategy, goals, developing the implementation plans and embedding / facilitating a robust governance program, providing challenge, holding people accountable to ensure the site delivers on its commitments and KPI targets
- Work with Site Director and SLT to identify and agree on the DPS implementation in alignment with the Site Strategic Plan
- Lead day to day deployment of the DPS as well as all related improvement activities at site level (business impact on safety, people, quality, delivery, and cost)
- Track progress of the site DPS deployment road-map and self-assess the site DPS maturity level. Agree with the DPMS OPEX Lead and Group functional leads targets for improvement.
- Deploy the training and capability building plan as agreed by the DPMS OPEX Lead
- Support / Deliver the required training.
- Coach Site teams to develop and sustain continuous improvement mindsets
- Support continuous capability development of self and other DPS change agents based at the site, using standard training modules developed within the DPS
- Role model, Dechra Values and the DPS skills and behaviors
- Support/ensure consistency of progress across the site, share lessons learnt with the network
- Prepare and lead the DPS Site Council
- Benchmarking the Site performance against other sites / companies.
- Support the DPMS OPEX Lead with the design and updates of the DPS content i.e. Standards, handbook, assessment and templates etc
- Embed across and throughout the site the appropriate KPI/Metrics combined with a robust reporting process.
- Collaborate with DPMS PMO to harmonize processes and reporting.
- Gathering data about project progress and producing reports
- Delivering coaching and training to project team members
- Tracking and managing project benefits, reporting on financial information such as return on investment.
- Ensure that the programs and portfolios are aligned to operational and strategic objectives and prioritized accordingly.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Min a B.S in Science, Engineering, or Business Management with experience in implementation of Operational Excellence initiatives.
- PMP preferred certification
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Preferable)
- Strong experience in Manufacturing /GMP environment.
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical capabilities
- Attention to detail and proven planning skills.
- Strong and proven communication skills.
- Leadership skills. Ability to influence peers & business areas.
- Presentation skills.
- Demonstrable experience in extracting insights from key operational metrics and data and creating robust action plans.
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management skills.
- Track record of holding workshops to generate ideas and identify solutions.
- Management of OpEx programs within a large organization that drives commercial value.
- Evidence of driving a continuous improvement culture through a test-and-learn process.
- Worked in and understand regulated markets.
- Fluency in Excel, PowerPoint, and other PMO productivity tools.
- Strong stakeholder management at all leadership levels and across functions (e.g. business, commercial and finance)
- Highly organized, high energy, able to work at a high pace, a self-starter, who thrives under pressure in changing situations with deadlines.
- Ability to facilitate sessions with senior leadership.
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and competitive salary packages for financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC