Site Planner and Buyer
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
- Provision of administration and support to the Dechra Pharmaceutical Manufacturing at Fort Worth with purchasing and planning functions, to ensure that the right products arrive on time, right quality, right place and right price. As a manufacturing planner the incumbent will be responsible for keeping a production schedule on track. As a manufacturing planner, your job duties include developing a master schedule in consultation with management, ensuring all materials are stocked, and overseeing the workflow of the production facility.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
The Site Planner and Buyer functions includes but are not limited to:
- Ensure weekly Purchase Orders are entered in the system in a timely manner and ensure that all items orders have been confirmed with the supplier with the correct promise, date and price.
- Ensure regular communications are maintained with other departments on the timing of deliveries and potential supply issues where applicable.
- Ensure correct documentation is requested and received for all item deliveries.
- Support the internal approval process for new suppliers/material.
- Ensuring all change notifications from suppliers are communicated through the change control process.
- Assist in the upkeep of the risk management system for both Fort Worth manufactured and contract manufactured products.
- Liaise with the technical and formulations departments and assist in sourcing new materials and packaging.
- Upkeep of supplier relationships to maintain a good flow of communication and gain associated benefits.
- Assist in reviewing, agreeing and maintaining standard costs held within the system.
- Ensure that rejected material is communicated with the supplier for the return, replacement, and possible credit.
- Create, measure and distribute supplier league tables, as per SOP, to monitor suppliers deliveries for on-time and quality aspects.
- Manage material flow until it is release and available for manufacturing
- Manage material return and facilitate OOS investigation when it relates to a vendor non compliant material
- Seek for cost reduction opportunities
- Develops a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed by to meet predicted completion date
- Plan production tasks and schedules according to customer orders.
- Monitor the execution of production plan and resolve any potential issues in a timely fashion.
- Communicate production status to Managers and Customers on regular basis.
- Analyze delays and interruptions and accordingly adjust production schedule to meet deadlines.
- Maintain reports for production planning activities and sequences.
Commercial and Business Acumen
Product and Technical Knowledge
- The ability to be highly organized and manage your time whilst maintaining a sense of urgency and priority within the role
- Ability to take ownership of initiatives independently and drive execution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
Behaviour and Values
(D) Committed to delivering excellence
(E) Enthusiastic and results driven
(C) Able to take calculated risks
(H) Honesty and integrity
(R) Team player
(A) Willing and able to go the extra mile
BS in Business or Logistics
Min 3 years in the area.
MBA or 5+ years of experience in the field and systems implementation background
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in procurement / buying and supply chain management in a medical device / pharmaceutical manufacturing or related environment
- Ability to use MS Excel to a good level and experience with data manipulation and analytical ability
- Knowledge and experience of the systems and methods used in inventory management
- Previous experience with MRP systems or Oracle preferred
- Clear understanding of manufacturing planning duties
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC