Systems Support Specialist
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
The purpose of this role is to be the Systems Administrator focusing on Dechra Veeva system, which will be used across Manufacturing & Supply and Regulatory / Product Development. Responsible for the configuration, implementation and maintenance across all of the Veeva Vaults. The job holder will work with the Project Team and 3rd Party implementation partners, together with the wider Dechra Group IT team on providing system related advice and support for all aspects of the Veeva implementation project.
This opportunity would suit an IT Support Specialist looking to grow their career as full Veeva system training and certification would be given.
This role is business-centric focusing on the alignment of the Veeva system and other platforms operating across Dechra sites and business units. On an ongoing basis this role will be responsible for ensuring GxP Quality compliant systems administration and service management of the Veeva Vaults. There may also be a requirement for wider systems admin support to ensure the appropriate integration of the EQMS and other systems for compliance and unified practices.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Acts as overall System Owner across all of Dechra’s Veeva Vaults, and the key point of contact for all System or IT related aspects for the Veeva project implementation and post Go Live between the Dechra Business Project Team, the Dechra IT department and other business areas.
- Internal customer facing position that provides best practices, strategic guidance and project deliverables to all levels of the organization.
- Support the design, implementation and execution of an appropriate Service Management and Governance model for the on-going maintenance and support of the Veeva system in a GxP compliant setting.
- Provide first point of review for all Veeva related issues raised via the Help Desk and, where possible, apply appropriate solutions. Otherwise issues should be allocated to either other members of the Project Team, Super Users or 3rd party support specialists.
- Coordinate and manage for technical updates/changes/implementations (including 3 x Veeva annual updates) upgrade projects and new country rollouts
- Ensure the Veeva and other relevant systems are maintained to the necessary regulatory requirements and adheres to GxP Quality processes
- Active member and IT expert in any steering group or other stakeholder groups, as appropriate
- Oversight of the following processes for the Veeva System and Vaults:-
- Change & Release Management
- Periodic System and Vault Review
- System Access Review
- User Management
- Incident Management
- Backup and Restore
- Ensure consideration of future business plans, ensuring solutions and updates are fit for the future
- To work with 3rd Party implementation partners and Dechra Subject Matter Experts to devise and execute plans for the successful migration of all business related documents into the Veeva system.
- Along with the Business Vault Managers, investigate and recommend new features/functionality based on an in-depth understanding of business needs within and across Vaults.
- Determine priorities of issues and requests based on business value and impact, versus cost and effort, aiming to prioritize and coordinate workload, setting the right expectations with stakeholders and ensuring visibility on progress, status and timelines.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Effective technical and non-technical communicator
- Strong stakeholder management
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Writing reports, instructions, and specifications and creating flowcharts
- Systems process design & analysis
- Good team player
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC