Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
The Technical Trainer designs and delivers cutting edge practical training to the operational teams on the Skipton site. Supporting the research, design, delivery and evaluation of training across all site team including manufacturing, packing, laboratory, warehouse and Engineering
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Ensures delivery of technical training for new starters ensuring they are suitably trained and compliant in the use of equipment, processes and systems as per relevant SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Maintenance and design of relevant training curriculum plans for all roles
- Ownership of the technical training systems on place at the site, conducting audits to ensure high standards are maintained
- Work with the site leadership team to ensure consistent approach to training
- Coordinate and conduct practical technical training sessions and assessments to ensure that employees demonstrate the competencies required by the Quality Management System to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Devise and deliver technical training programs according to organisational requirements and plans whether classroom, shopfloor/one the job, face to face or virtually. Tailored to all learning styles to ensure effectiveness.
- Ensure staff training/ competency assessment documentation is properly recorded and captured in the to meet regulatory requirements
- Ownership and update of training SOP
- Lead on the design and delivery of any training required for new equipment
- Continuously observe and evaluate the effectiveness of training and changes in behaviour and performance
- Work closely with Talent and Engagement Specialist to ensure technical training is aligned to soft skills training being delivered
- Identify improvements to the training programmes and implement continuous improvement activities
- Partner with other stakeholders to ensure compliance/ mandatory training is delivered in line with best practice
- Ensure that all training activities and delivered in line with business needs, on time and within budget
- Ensuring all training activities comply and actively promote the company’s quality standards, H&S requirements, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Support any operational apprentices on site.
- Play a key role with the site team, as well as operating autonomously, when delivering training. Role model / partner in the development of in house ‘subject matter experts’ as training champions
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences, whilst maintaining engagement and attaining an excellent level of evaluation.
- Work with OEMs to utilise the working practices on equipment to find the most efficient and user-friendly processes
- Complete lifecycle management of training courses; development, delivery and maintenance.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Proven experience of delivering technical training in a manufacturing or regulated environment such as GMP, Pharmaceutical, Food production, aeronautical, automotive etc
- Excellent coaching and communication skills including giving effective performance feedback
- Significant knowledge of how to carry out training needs analysis and assess competency
- Experience in designing instructional technical training to appeal to a range of learning styles
- Experience in designing technical course content
Competitive salary and benefits including:
36 Hour Working Week + Every other Friday Off!
Working hours 08:00 - 16:30
22.5 days annual leave + bank holidays
Option to buy an extra week's holiday each year
8% Employer Pension Contribution
Free access to Headspace App
Option to join Sharesave scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC