Territory Sales Manager - Fraser Valley and Interior, BC
Thanks for checking out our vacancy. We’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
- Report to and operate under the general direction of the National Sales Manager.
- Meet established sales goals and manage expenses to budget.
- Conduct veterinary clinic sales calls within the assigned territory.
- Organize and attend seminars, dinner programs, CE programs, etc. with targeted veterinarians.
- Sell to, and develop relationships with faculty/students, at veterinary schools in the assigned territory.
- Provide regular feedback, as required, to management.
- Provide input/feedback to management on marketing programs, marketing materials.
- Attend key National, Regional & Provincial veterinary conferences.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key veterinarians and opinion leaders.
- Travel – 30%
- Other duties as requested.
The Ideal Candidate
- Position to be located within the identified territory.
- Demonstrates strong selling skills and solid sales experience in the animal health industry.
- Experience in developing and executing territory business plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of the medical, operational and business side of veterinary practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of selling in the veterinary school environment and developing relations with key faculty and veterinary students.
- Strong analytical, technical, communication and presentation skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate initiative and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of basic computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Willing to travel extensively throughout assigned territory and to regional and national events.
- 1-5 years of experience
- University degree preferred
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC