Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
The Training Coordinator is responsible for facilitating and monitoring training activities across the Skipton site, ensuring an effective, consistent and systematic approach is applied to training across all functions. They will support the design, delivery and evaluation of training and ensure regulatory compliance.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Taking ownership of the site-wide training matrix, ensuring that there is a relevant training programme available for all roles, across all functions, to ensure sufficient competence, flexibility and compliance to all regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring definition and delivery of appropriate training plans for all employees, ensuring they are suitably trained and compliant in the use of equipment, processes and systems.
- Ensuring definition and delivery of appropriate training plans for all new employees as part of the onboarding process.
- Maintenance of the Site wide “training calendar”, providing an up to date view of planned training activities.
- Delivery of training event administration tasks; booking of training facilities, provision of required resources, communications to delegates and trainers, collection of feedback forms, etc
- Maintenance of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) training curricula across site, ensuring adherence with the SOP review schedule.
- Supporting the documentation of clear and concise SOP’s, extracting knowledge and identifying process improvements
- Management of the site training library, ensuring that all training material is organised in a standardised and logical way to ensure quick and easy accessibility.
- Ensuring that staff training delivery and competency assessment is documented to standards required in line with regulatory requirements.
- Working with the Site Leadership Team (SLT) to ensure a consistent approach to training, mapping out training plans and schedules.
- Ensure that the training matrix is aligned to the soft skills training agenda in partnership with the SLT.
- Ensure that the training matrix is aligned to the technical skills training agenda in partnership with the SLT
- Observe and evaluate the effectiveness of training through the review and analysis of impact on performance KPI’s and changes in behaviour and mindsets.
- Identify improvements to training programmes through a combination of structured feedback from trainees and personal observation to identify and implement programme improvements.
- Partner with other stakeholders to ensure compliance to mandatory training.
- Ensure training delivery and materials are in line with best practice.
- Ensure that all training activities are delivered in line with business needs, on time and within budget.
- Ensure that all training activities are compliant with and actively promote the company’s Safety, Health & Environmental requirements, quality standards, legal stipulations, and general duty of care.
- Support the effective utilisation of the apprenticeship levy, sourcing providers and monitoring apprenticeships in place.
- Investigate & propose opportunities for funding support for appropriate training provision that meets training requirements.
- Investigate, identify and propose training providers to meet requirements.
- Partner in the development of in house ‘subject matter experts’ as training champions.
- Facilitating delivery of “train the trainer” courses as required across site.
- Ensure that all requirements for the “Global training system” are delivered accurately and on time.
- Provide required reporting of metrics relating to training activities on site; accurately, on time and in full.
- Support “bottom up budgeting” process to define training budget(s) for future financial years.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Excellent organisation skills
- Highly organised, efficient & effective at delivering workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with people at all levels of site organisation.
- Ability to work on own initiative, given brief to work to.
- Ability to solve problems and overcome issues / barriers.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and other support systems
Experience of coordinating training in a manufacturing or regulated environment.
Experience working within a regulated environment such as GMP, Pharmaceutical, Food production, aeronautical, automotive etc.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
36 Hour Working Week + Every other Friday Off!
Working hours 8am - 4.30pm
22.5 days annual leave + bank holidays
Option to buy an extra week's holiday each year
8% Employer Pension Contribution
Free access to Headspace App
Employee Assistance Programme
Free On-site parking
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC