Undergraduate Commercial Placement
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
We have an exciting opportunity for a current Undergraduate student to join our growing global family of colleagues on 1 year Commercial placement. The role will see the student take responsibility for supporting the Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Finance functions within our growing International division.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the successful candidate to gain invaluable hands on experience in a global, Veterinary Pharmaceutical organisation. The Commercial Placement Student plays a crucial role in supporting various commercial activities within the International team. This role involves assisting in market research, sales analysis, and business development efforts. The primary purpose is to gain practical experience in the pharmaceutical industry, contribute to the company's growth, and develop essential skills in commercial operations.
The position is based out of our picturesque offices in Shrewsbury, but will also involve some hybrid and remote working.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- To support the Marketing Team with marketing campaign administration and execution
- To help with the maintenance and administration of our Sales and Marketing IT systems, such as SalesForce CRM, the Distributor Hub, and our asset management system
- To maintain the marketing observations spreadsheet
- To support the Finance Business Partner with monthly expense reviews, finance reports, business intelligence inputs and pricing monitoring
- Shadow different departments within the International team to gain an understanding of the different functions such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Finance
- Support with the proactive generation of internal and external news and content (write, build and send) and maintain regular contact with key sources find interesting angles.
- Review and assemble video footage of webinars for publication on training platforms.
- Ensure personal adherence to health and safety requirements and all requirements relating to care of equipment provided e.g. laptop, projector, screen, printer, mobile phone, and any other property that you are issued for personal use
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Relevant degree or equivalent.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft software packages – Outlook, Teams, Power point, Word, Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to write and edit text for product communications.
- A natural collaborator and team player.
- Organizational skills, experience meeting tight deadlines.
- Self-accountable and highly motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to conduct research and analyse data.
- Video editing skills.
- Personable, the ideal candidate will have touchpoints across the marketing teams and key stakeholders.
- Experience in using design software, would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in marketing and communications.
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC