Undergraduate Commercial & Technical Assistant
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
Responsible for supporting the Veterinary Technical Services and Marketing (including Business Services) functions as detailed below:
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Receive and respond to all incoming technical product enquiries from the UK and Ireland in a timely, efficient, knowledgeable, documented, industry compliant and courteous manner to provide an excellent level of technical customer service.
- Assess all incoming technical enquiries and handle personally, where appropriate, using the Pharma Technical Database. Where applicable, forward diagnostic / treatment enquiries on to the Veterinary Technical Advisor on duty.
- Enter details of all enquiries and relevant correspondence via telephone / fax / email into the PV Works database in a timely manner.
- Send out literature / documents / marketing collateral as per requests from the Veterinary Technical Advisors and Brand Managers.
- Process all Suspected Adverse Reaction (SAR) and Suspected Lack of Expected Efficacy (SLEE) cases as per local guidelines and DVP SOPs.
- Create a PV Works case for all SARs and SLEEs by reviewing and summarising all relevant aspects of case histories received from veterinary practices or call notes.
- Forward cases to Central Pharmacovigilance (C-PhV) team for assessment, once complete, in a timely manner, respecting appropriate deadlines for Serious and Periodic cases and for cases involving ‘in-licensed’ products.
- Liaise with the C-PhV team regarding any questions that may have arisen from SARs/SLEEs submitted.
- Provide follow up support for all SAR / SLEE cases received from the UK and Ireland by telephone and/or using template letter.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of internal IT systems including technical server, Pharma Technical Database and PV Works to ensure that systems are up-to-date, accurate and organised, and that data can be easily extracted.
- Provide support to ‘Salesforce’ Customer Relationship Management System projects – e.g. data entry, account updates.
- Run sales reports and manipulate data in the imap and Targit databases.
- Provide support for Brand Managers across the different species categories; companion animal, food producing animal and equine.
- Prepare emails to be sent to customers through Pardot under the guidance and support of the Marketing team.
- Facilitate internal approval process and asset management process.
- Liaise with external suppliers to order branded merchandise for the marketing and sales teams, to include invoice processing.
- Produce and update key marketing and sales documents and reports e.g. offer forms, product overviews, price lists, out of stock reports.
- Facilitating successful running of events and exhibitions by providing pre- and post-event support as well as attending some events in person for ‘on the ground’ support.
- Process log in requests from customers to reset access to customer CPD platform.
- Completion of ad-hoc administration tasks and project work in a concise, accurate, timely and informative manner in line with business requirements.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external customers to ensure acceptable solutions are delivered that meet / exceed customer expectations.
- The UCA may be required to undertake additional duties in line with business needs at the discretion of the Technical Services Manager, Marketing Manager and UK Country Leadership Team.
- This may involve out of office activities to include (but not exclusive to) working at alternative sites, attending company meetings and attending congresses.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Passion for animal health
- Able to work in a proactive way, using initiative
- Good numerical skills
- Experience with MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint plus Adobe Acrobat
- Studying for relevant degree or equivalent
- We’re particularly keen to hear from those who hold a full UK driving licence and have own car.
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC