Undergraduate Project and Portfolio Management Assistant
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
The Undergraduate Project and Portfolio Management Assistant will assist the Portfolio Management Office team in the development of PMO processes and data analysis relating to the administration of Dechra’s pipeline of animal health products and will report to the Global Head of Portfolio Management, PD.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Supporting the Project Managers to ensure that all key project management documents and data are available and up to date.
- Preparation of regular data analysis and audits to support portfolio level reporting.
- Supporting the mapping and documenting of processes.
- Working on multiple concurrent projects with international project teams;
- Interested helping out wherever expertise allows.
- Understanding of concepts associated with business reporting, resource management, schedule management, risk management and key performance indicators.
- Work with the PMO team to define, create and maintain data analysis models and tools, including excel spreadsheets, power queries, PowerBI reports, etc, to provide real-time business information for Project Teams and Management.
- Support the ongoing development of the PMO processes, documenting those that exist and working with subject matter experts and other stakeholders to capture any changes or new requirements for approval and implementation.
- Support Project Managers in the administration of project timelines, financial and status updates as required.
- Looking for opportunities for continuous improvements in process and practice, based on observation, analysis and audit.
- Provide Portfolio Level reporting as requested.
- Balance the support needs of multiple concurrent projects with international project teams.
- Provide additional project and portfolio management support as needed to ensure the continued timely delivery of Dechra’s pipeline of animal health products.
- Strong understanding of the need for confidentiality and care when managing sensitive information.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
Demonstrate strong analytical & organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise.
Understanding of project management methodology.
Must be a team player with flexibility to get any task completed.
Solid interpersonal skills and be adaptable.
Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and an ability to pick up new systems & software, including MS Project and others as required.
Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Studying a Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, or other related degree.
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC