Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Lead and manage people, processes and systems, in order to ensure goods are received, stored, dispensed and despatched safely and in line with company standards and productivity targets are met.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Providing controls for all warehouses and external storage and ensuring that these areas are supervised correctly to provide a safe working environment.
- To ensure that departmental objectives are achieved and that key performance indicators for the business are attained so that budgets are met on a yearly basis.
- Promote a strong culture of Health and Safety ensuring this is considered within all aspects of the operation and is given priority above all other areas of the business.
- Ensuring that all accidents and hazards are reported, recorded and promptly investigated as outlined within company policy and that appropriate remedial actions are taken.
- Monitor flow of goods and maintain first in first out method for raw materials and packing components.
- Maintain accurate inventory and stock integrity by ensuring stock control processes are followed at all times.
- Ensure all activities are carried out according to GMP/GDP guidelines and the appropriate quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with EU and UK warehousing, material handling and shipping requirements following existing and new legislation.
- Support a compliance culture within operations, ensuring all team members adhere to SOP’s and other documents and comply with individual responsibilities to GMP.
- Support operational excellence with a right first-time ethic.
- Ensure all staff trained to required standard and training requirements reviewed on a regular basis, maintain warehouse/dispensary staff through recruitment and selection process as required.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouses and dispensaries, planning and implementing new layouts and business processes as required, according to the site requirements.
- Identify issues proactively and resolve problems using prescribed ODPS problem solving techniques.
- Coach and motivate the dispensary and warehouse team to continuously improve performance and maintain morale in line with the Dechra values.
- Ensure correct handling and disposal of waste for the site contributing to sustainability and site recycling targets.
- Support the implementation of new Oracle IT system ensuring the department is fully ready for implementation.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- People leadership and management.
- Safety management.
- Strong experience of warehouse and logistics operations.
- Managing processes.
- Inventory Control
- Planning and organising.
- Problem solving.
- Experience working in a highly regulated GMP environment.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
36 Hour Working Week + Every other Friday Off!
Working hours 08:00-16:30
22.5 days annual leave + bank holidays
Option to buy an extra week's holiday each year
8% Employer Pension Contribution
Free access to Headspace App
Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC