Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
The primary function of the Product Development and Regulatory (PDRA) Administrative Assistant will be to support the business needs of the Product Development and Regulatory departments in Portland, and remote PDRA team members. This position will provide general office and team member support as needed, such as meeting and interview set up, event organization, travel and expense reports, and various other tasks. Additional tasks will vary day-to-day and can quickly change depending on business needs. Candidates for this position should be highly flexible, able to multi-task and prioritize competing responsibilities, skilled in communication both internally and externally, and have strong learning agility and attention to detail.
**Best Places to Work in ME 2022**
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings as requested by team members as well as maintain invitations for regular team meetings
- Organize and plan work-related events
- Be the point person to support visitors to the Portland office with arrangements such as travel, hotel, restaurants and scheduling meetings
- Organize Portland team meetings and agenda
- Be the central team member who disseminates office information, including notifying the team when visitors will be in the office
- Complete expense reports for team members in the Portland office and for remote employees
- Order and purchase of small consumables (especially for home-based colleagues) e.g. paper, IT peripherals
Interview and new hire support
- Assist HR with scheduling interviews for potential new hires
- Develop onboarding plans for new colleagues
- Assist hiring managers with the administrative side of onboarding new colleagues
- Deliver routine training of new colleagues on standard Dechra systems e.g. TPE/Concur, Diamond, Delta
- Assist team members with travel arrangements
- Organise travel and meetings with external collaborators
- Complete Super User training for TPE/Concur and provide super User support to the team
- Track the attendance of PDRA global team members to conferences
- Collate scientific conference sponsorship requests and grants
- Create PDF forms
- Format and organize Word documents for protocols, reports, and submissions
- Format PowerPoint presentations
- Assist team members with the above MS Office tasks
- Arrange shipping/mailing as requested
- Actively support Dechra’s Sustainability efforts
General PD Support
- Calendar management including setting up and adjusting of routine meetings and accepting routine meetings e.g. team meetings, regular 1:1 etc.
- Become the central source to assist team members on Dechra processes
- Assist team members with any other tasks as requested
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
Ability to quickly learn new concepts and processes is critical
Demonstrate collaboration and communication skills in a team environment, share knowledge, influence best practices, and coordinate workflow
Self-starter, quick-learner, independent, proactive, and self-motivated with consistent attention to detail
Ability to communicate effectively with strong written/verbal skills
Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle many concurrent tasks and prioritize based on guidance from management
Critical thinking to assess areas for improvement and initiative to bring forward these ideas driving efficiency in business operations
Microsoft Office with particular focus on Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC