Dechra is an international specialist veterinary pharmaceuticals products business. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, and sales and marketing of high-quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide. We are currently hiring for a Business Coordinator role based in our Portland, ME office, where we are recognized as a Best Place to Work in Maine. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in supporting a veterinary pharmaceutical development team while working for a fast-paced, growing organization that values teamwork, fun, and the health of its employees.
The primary function of the Product Development and Regulatory (PDRA) Business Coordinator will be to support the business needs of the Product Development and Regulatory departments in Portland, and remote PDRA team members. This position will provide general office and team member support as needed, such as meeting and interview set up, event organization, travel and expense reports, and various other tasks. Additional tasks will vary day-to-day and can quickly change depending on business needs. Candidates for this position should be highly flexible, able to multi-task and prioritize competing responsibilities, skilled in communication both internally and externally, and have strong learning agility and attention to detail.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings as requested by team members as well as maintain invitations for regular team meetings
- Organize and plan work-related events
- Be the point person to support visitors to the Portland office with arrangements such as travel, hotel, restaurants and scheduling meetings
- Organize Portland team meetings and agenda
- Be the central team member who disseminates office information, including notifying the team when visitors will be in the office
- Act as liaison between PD departments and Dechra Legal to facilitate timely execution of legal agreements and adherence to legal requirements in a consistent manner
- Gain understanding of the content of departmental legal agreements and assist team members during negotiations of terms with external suppliers
- Advise team members on appropriate agreement types for different suppliers and maintain the templates for legal agreements
Scientific Literature Management
- Management of scientific literature (journal articles etc.) via Citavi reference management software, including administration of team member access, training team members to perform searches within Citavi, and organizing literature in Citavi
- Ownership and refinement of the process by which team members request and are supplied literature
- Learn and act as subject matter expert for literature-related copyright requirements to support team members in ensuring copyright compliance
Interview and new hire support
- Assist HR with scheduling interviews for potential new hires
- Assist hiring managers with the administrative side of onboarding new colleagues
- Deliver routine training of new colleagues on standard Dechra systems e.g. TPE/Concur
- Assist team members with travel arrangements
- Organise travel and meetings with external collaborators
- Complete Super User training for TPE/Concur and provide super User support to the team
- Complete expense reports for Product Development team members in the Portland office and for remote employees
- Order and purchase small consumables (especially for home-based colleagues) e.g. paper, IT peripherals
- Track the attendance of PD global team members to conferences
- Collate scientific conference sponsorship requests and grants
- Create PDF forms
- Format and organize Word documents for protocols, reports, and submissions
- Format PowerPoint presentations
- Assist team members with the above MS Office tasks
- Arrange shipping/mailing as requested
- Actively support Dechra’s Sustainability efforts
General PD Support
- Calendar management including setting up and adjusting of routine meetings and accepting routine meetings e.g. team meetings, regular 1:1 etc.
- Become the central source to assist team members on Dechra processes
- Assist team members with any other tasks as requested
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new concepts and processes is critical. Must be competent in Microsoft Office with particular focus on Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience supporting a wide range of team members and flat organization structure is preferred.
Self-starter, quick-learner, independent, proactive, and self-motivated with consistent attention to detail
Ability to communicate effectively with strong written/verbal skills
Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle many concurrent tasks and prioritize based on guidance from management
Critical thinking to assess areas for improvement and initiative to bring forward these ideas driving efficiency in business operations
2-5 years prior experience supporting a team of individuals. Global support experience a plus.
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC