Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
Our Pomona manufacturing facility is seeking an experienced Automation Engineer. We are looking for someone who is dependable and experienced in maintaining and troubleshooting of system controls in pharmaceutical filling and packing equipment in a cGMP environment.
The successful candidate will have a broad and varied scope of responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Perform installation, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all automation systems controls in pharmaceutical manufacturing facility for process, filling and packaging equipment including steam sterilizers.
- Perform inspections and determine the reparability of the automation systems and schedule repairs as needed.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing technical specifications for hardware and software for new automated systems
- Initiating change controls for installation or modification of the equipment control systems and writing User Requirement Specifications.
- Provide technical support in validation of the control systems.
- Responsible for managing inventory of spare parts required for the equipment controls and maintain the storage of the equipment PLC programs.
- Communicate with the engineering department and document all the troubleshooting/repair and repair activities following the current procedures.
- Comply with the company policies and all safety requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra, we welcome applications from candidates from a range of backgrounds, we are particularly interested to hear from those who have:
- Experience with repair of system controls for filling and packaging equipment used in cGMP environment.
- Ability to understand electrical and pneumatic controls used in filling and packing equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience documenting repairs and maintenance in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- Understanding of FDA regulations for computerized system and 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance
- Strong knowledge of basic safety policies and procedures in a manufacturing environment, including gowning and PPE requirements.
- Experience in installation and programming new and older types of Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC including HMI units.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday.
- Excellent skills in installation, wiring and troubleshooting of 3-phase electrical motors.
- Experience in programming variable frequency drives.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related discipline is required.
Minimum 5 years of practical experience as automation or system controls engineer for machinery in a pharmaceutical setting.
*This is an exempt position.
*When required, must be available to work 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., occasional Saturdays, and overtime as needed
About the Company
Dechra is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), medical condition, genetic information, marital status, national origin, mental and physical disability, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC