Business Development Manager
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra!
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
- Working across a business matrix & within the Key Account team to manage and deliver Dechra’s business development strategy for Ecommerce and Nutrition.
- Define, develop & build the key strategic levers for a defined group of Corporate / Commercial Groups across ecommerce platforms.
- Define & develop strategic business plans to build and grow Dechra’s nutrition brand and portfolio across a range of customers and markets.
- Contribute to the achievement of sales targets and net revenue targets through account management performed at an exceptional level.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Deliver commercial business plans and drive profitable business outcomes in line with Dechra’s overall strategy maximising margin across the business, aligned with sales, marketing and technical plan and expectations.
- Identifying new business opportunities, including new market, customers, partnership or launching new products and services
- Creating strategies to successfully reach new business opportunities.
- Building strong relationships with new customers, gauging their needs and developing proposals to address these.
- Maintaining & developing relationships with existing clients to build sales and grow portfolio usage.
- Pitching sales and products to new and existing clients
- Proactively tendering for new business
- Attending conferences and events to build strong industry relationships with business partners & staying up to date with competitor insights, new trends and market development opportunities.
- Sales forecasting creation & monitoring
- Understanding Dechra products in the marketplace, competitor mix and positioning required to gain market share and success
- Collaborating with marketing team and external stakeholders to ensure design requirements are met.
- Work with a tight budget to achieve high return on investment.
- Track and measure success of key strategic business plans vs spend.
- Manage Customer ‘Influencing Matrix’, in order to identify, implement and maximise alignment of key Sales, Marketing and Technical strategies for all key internal and external stakeholders, leveraging CRM (Salesforce)
- Negotiate with key stakeholders to deliver profitable business outcomes, commercial contracts / tenders aligned with Key Account business processes.
- Deliver Quarterly Business Review meetings with identified customer groups & stakeholders to deliver Ecommerce and Nutrition strategies, review performance aligned with and defined in overall Dechra strategy.
- Manage communication channels – including product launches, forecasting, stock management, managing day-to-day contact via phone, email, e-meetings and business meetings.
- Implement Compliance and Product penetration strategies, maintain effective monitoring strategies in order to achieve defined objectives.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Dechra’s Management Teams: Country Manager, Marketing Managers, National Sales Manager, Head of Key Accounts Key Accounts & Technical Services Teams to ensure alignment and effective communication and delivery of sales strategies and activity / campaign plans across all species, as defined by Business Development Manager Business plans
- Implement Key Performance Indicators to support effective compliance, practice penetration, contact metrics, and profitability objectives.
- Understand competitor commercial activity to maximise and support key commercial opportunities
- Manage budget costs and achieve annual sales plan through effective delivery of well-planned sales activity and marketing support programmes.
- Maintain internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to update accurate Customer records and manage business meeting outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- Proven experience as a Business Development Manager with sound negotiation and problem solving skills
- Experience in Ecommerce and/or Nutrition markets
- Experience in sales and providing solutions based on customer needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of Animal Health industry
- This may involve activities to include (but not exclusive to) working in alternative sites or territories, attending company meetings and congresses and managing “remote” sales and/or marketing projects.
- NOAH Certificate of Animal Health is highly desirable
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC