Controls and Automation Engineer
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
As a Controls and Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of site control systems and automation solutions for our pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Health & Safety, Quality, Manufacturing and Packing Operations, to ensure our production processes are optimized for safety, quality, reliability and efficiency.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Design and implement control systems and automation solutions for pharmaceutical manufacturing processes
- Develop and maintain automation standards, best practices, and documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to control systems and automation equipment
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements including cGMP and safety standards
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for process optimization and automation
- Provide technical support for automation equipment and software
- Perform system upgrades and modifications as needed
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in automation technology and industry regulations
- Sharing knowledge, as the site subject matter expert, with colleagues across all functions to improve understanding, capabilities and performance
- Participate in design and commissioning of new production facilities and equipment
- Ensure all program data is stored and accessible only by authorised individuals in accordance with Computer system validation (CSV) requirements
- Create and maintain the database of “good program settings” to revert to in case of catastrophic machine failure for all assets
- Amend, design and write PLC, HMI and SCADA control system software
- Liaise with third party specialist or equipment manufacturers to implement safeguarding and best practice for machine software
- Develop and execute validation protocols for control systems and automation equipment
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Proven industry experience from a regulated GMP Manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in a high care environment (pharmaceuticals, food, personal care, cosmetics etc)
- Experience of delivering a proactive maintenance approach through CBM, PPM, OAC
- Demonstratable ability of implementation of improvement activities
- Interrogation of multiple OEM Software packages
- Ability to amend and improve process controls
- Time-served engineer , with high level of skills and experience in Controls and Automation
- Experience and understanding of RCA (Root Cause Analysis) Techniques
- Experience on all mainstream software packages including but not limited to Seimens, Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi is desirable
- Exposure to QMS – CAPA’s, CC, RCA etc is desirable
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- 22.5 days annual leave + bank holidays
- No weekend work
- 9 day working fortnight
- Option to buy an extra week's holiday each year
- 8% Employer Pension Contribution
- Free access to Headspace App
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On-site parking
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC