Engineering Technical Support
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
To assist in achieving the production plan on a daily basis by setting and maintaining key equipment in accordance with cGMP and health & safety guidelines at the Fort Worth site.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Work to planned maintenance schedule for specific aspects of Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Report and request parts, servicing and repair work found during planned maintenance
- Ensuring key pieces of facilities equipment are ready for start-up at beginning of shift / week and correct shut downs are carried out when necessary
- Create and perform Preventive Maintenance.
- Interface with the engineering team members to ensure appropriate understanding of the equipment and PM.
- Create equipment works instructions to machine operating.
- Must have an understanding of LOTO (lock out, tag out), work at height, electrical safety, confined space principles and other engineering/safety standards.
- Responding to breakdowns
- Diagnosing faults
- Discuss with maintenance technician and repair were skills allow
- Repairing Equipment – changing belts, bearings, seals, motors, gearboxes
- Creating works order requests for repairs that can be added to the plan or either be fixed then by the individual or a maintenance technician.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
- Apprentice trained in some form of mechanical engineering, maintenance or car mechanics
- Electrical Bias, with current 17th IEE regulations
- PAT Testing certification
- Working knowledge of Pneumatics’ / hydraulics’
- Knowledge of HVAC, Boiler, Purified Water systems
- Continuous improvement project experience
- Risk & COSHH assessment training
- Fork lift truck licence
- Previous experience or exposure to cGMP
- Demonstrate previous knowledge & experience in setting up of equipment in readiness for production running ideally in relation to Pharmaceuticals
- Demonstrate previous knowledge of fault finding and using root cause analysis processes
- Strong administration skills with an understanding of the importance of paperwork and the accuracy and timeliness of submission of the same
- Good communication skills
- Current/Active Driver License
- Demonstrate previous knowledge & experience in carrying out breakdown repairs.
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC