Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
To provide technical support activities to all Departments in order to promote the technical, regulatory and commercial interest of Dechra Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, including co-ordinating of transfer projects and processes, this may result from process changes, line extensions or new product introductions.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Responsible for providing input in areas of engineering, design, construction of manufacturing facilities, systems and equipment.
- Providing engineering and technical support for complex production and processing equipment.
- Technical support of IQ, OQ, PQ, FQ for equipment and facilities.
- Assist in providing technical support to all departments, and to assist in dealing with queries and problems arising from within the business.
- Assist new product introductions to the business (or significant changes to existing products)
- Assist in the updating of existing product costings
- Assist and liaise with the Quality Department in the event of any technical query regarding Periodic Product Quality Reviews of all products.
- Work in accordance with company Security, Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety policies
- Assisting in the generation and review of technical documentation, including SOPs, batch manufacturing records, specifications, investigations and reports etc,
- Providing timely technical input to internal and external third parties to resolve supply issues, as well as reviewing and approving technical documentation in support of existing and new products
- Assist in the identification and resolution of service level issues, as well as the proactive development of contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Assist in the development of start-up plans including but not limited to project monitoring and communication plan including tracking of milestones and timelines, risk management and action logs.
- Lead problem solving and resolution efforts in a timely, customer focused manner.
- Fix machines and perform preventive maintenance
- Keep a program of preventive maintenance
- Keep a program of preventive maintenance and Calibrations.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
- Ability to take ownership of tasks independently and drive execution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Minimum of Associate Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering or mechanic-based subject, although relevant industry experience will be considered
- Ideally qualified to Degree / HND or HNC level, or equivalent, in an engineering or mechanic-based subject
- Experience in a technical role (Production/ Technical Support at a manufacturing/packaging and possibly Quality) within the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive production experience gained in the pharmaceutical industry or manufacturing environment involving technical/process or analytical activities
- Knowledge and experience of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, process development and validation, analytical techniques and analytical method validation
- Technical knowledge of either solids and dosage forms and good understanding of cGMP
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Production or support, with a proven experience in Technical Transfer of Pharmaceutical products and production is desirable but not essential based on the production skills demonstrated with evidence
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC