Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
Reporting into the Finance Business Partner PDRA, your role will focus on delivering key financial processes for PDRA (Product Development & Regulatory Affairs) including month-end closing, enhancement of current financial controls/processes and audit requirements.
You will be responsible for providing analysis and reporting for our balance sheet accounts, support Dechra’s Shared Service Center (SSC) to optimise and improve PDRA finance processes, accuracy and timeliness of financial results. As well as assisting with the development and improvement of PDRA management reporting.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
Perform month-end close activities and communicate financial results in a timely manner:
Prepare month-end results for balance sheet related items
- Prepare excel based asset register and BS accounts analysis for Finance Director
- Assist with monthly variance analysis through accurate, timely and relevant reporting
- Assist with metrics development and reporting
Play an active part in forecasting and budgeting cycles:
- Support the delivery of the budget and forecast processes to meet both internal PDRA finance deadlines and group deadlines
- Prepare budget/forecast templates (CapEx, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) and facilitate their completion
Internal Financial Controls:
- Work with Group Finance to understand reporting requirements and optimise PDRA finance processes, integrity, accuracy and timeliness of financial results
- Ensure timely completion of baseline controls
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in place and executed for the processes surrounding monthly reporting
Half Year and Year End:
- Be the primary point contact of contact for the auditors working with PDRA Finance team and SSCs to address all audit requests and questions
- Support in the preparation of annual tax returns
- Prepare additional information for half year and year end including disclosures, tax pack and insurance renewal
- Responsible for completion of mandatory e-learning modules
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
A relevant chartered accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar)
Advanced MS Office skills (especially Excel)
Strong analytical and planning skills
Good communication and presentations skills
Experience in Oracle, other ERP systems e.g. SAP
Ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders internal and external to Dechra
Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
Detail oriented, strong organisational and time management
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC