Manufacturing Operative (Earlies 05:30-14:00)
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
To assist in achieving the production planned on a daily basis.
To take responsibility for the equipment used and ensure all aspects of use (set up, production, strip down and cleaning) are carried out to a high standard, in line with associated documentation and GMP procedures.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Manufacture product to high standard ensuring the quality of those products is in accordance with the set GMP standards and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Capable and willing to train others in the team.
- To ensure the efficient and safe use of plant and equipment.
- To keep strictly to manufacturing methods as laid down in the documentation and raise any issues or errors with the Manufacturing Supervisors or Manager
- To ensure all equipment is clean and maintained in good working order and where deficiencies are found, escalating to a supervisor.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping, cleanliness and personal hygiene within the department.
- To identify any issues and attempt to resolve these and escalating if it cannot be resolved.
- To support Operational Excellence incentives to drive and improve efficiency.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Good knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety compliance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both peers and senior members of staff.
- Experience of low to medium volume manufacturing/packaging, manual/semi-automated manufacturing processes is desirable but not essential
- Proven industry experience from a highly regulated GMP manufacturing/packing facility, either from the Pharmaceutical or similarly regulated industry/environment is desirable but not essential
- A working knowledge and practical experience of pharmaceutical manufacture, continuous improvement activities and ability to manage time and workload effectively is desirable but not essential
Competitive salary and benefits including:
36 Hour Working Week + Every other Friday Off!
Working hours 05:30-14:00
22.5 days annual leave + bank holidays
Option to buy an extra week's holiday each year
8% Employer Pension Contribution
Free access to Headspace App
Employee Assistance Programme
Free On-site parking
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC