Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
To be responsible for and lead manufacturing activities on shift, providing support to Manufacturing Technicians and lead improvement/culture change to ensure your area constantly delivers against business KPIs.
To assist and cover in the absence of the Manufacturing Manager.
Ensure compliance to the highest quality standard and compliant to the set GMP guidelines and procedures.
To ensure all activities undertaken are within the set Health and Safety guidelines.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Full responsibility of the shift in terms of allocation of resources, management of staff, production and quality targets ensuring all planned manufacturing activities are carried out in accordance with cGMP, Quality and HSE requirements.
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff (inc. performance and absence management).
- Work closely with other Shift Supervisors to ensure shift handovers are effective communication tools.
- To ensure that the training skills are met for current and future demands of the shift.
- To coach, support and train direct reports to ensure right first time manufacture and documentation.
- Support a compliance culture within operations, ensuring all team members adhere to SOPs and other documents, and comply with their individual responsibilities to GMP.
- Attend and comply with any planned in house training or on the job training.
- To ensure the efficient and safe use of plant and equipment and supports with completion of risk assessments.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping, cleanliness and personal hygiene within the department.
- Support and guide the team making routine decisions regarding safety and GMP and notify the Manufacturing Manager, as a matter of urgency, if there has been any serious failure of safety or GMP which could affect staff safety or product quality.
- To identify any issues and proactively resolve these using prescribed techniques and escalating if it cannot be resolved.
- Role Model Operational Excellence incentives to drive and improve efficiency and challenge existing processes and behaviours, raising new ideas to improve the current norm.
- Lead investigations for QMS items including deviations, CAPAs, Change Controls and updating SOPs.
- Maintenance of system transactions such as Oracle and checking of manufacturing documentation.
- Deputise in the absence of the Manufacturing Manager (including site emergency procedures).
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
A self-motivated enthusiastic individual who can lead a team and work well within a team environment.
Ability to supervise and manage the team performing manufacturing activities including the operation and cleaning of equipment, associated documentation and in line with strict procedures.
A person with a positive attitude who is able to constructively challenge others as well as give and receive feedback in a respectful and professional manner whilst demonstrating the Dechra values.
Competitive salary and Benefits
36 Hour Working Week (trialling a 9 day fortnight which means every other Friday is a day off!)
22.5 days annual leave + bank holidays
Option to buy an extra week's holiday each year
8% Employer Pension Contribution
Free access to Headspace App
Option to join Sharesave scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC