Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Dechra is an international specialist veterinary pharmaceuticals products business. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, and sales and marketing of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide. As a member of the manufacturing operations team, the Manufacturing Technician will set-up, run and clean manufacturing equipment in complex production areas; dispensing, charging, blending, compression and packaging in solid production or dispensing, charging, mixing and packaging in non-sterile liquid production. All products manufactured by Dechra must be completed following appropriate procedures in a clean and safe work environment meeting all cGMP, FDA, DEA, OSHA and other applicable regulations.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Perform the setup, manufacturing and cleaning of pharmaceutical products.
- Performs equipment setup, filling, cleaning and changeover activities. Use of hand tools, removal and replacement of machine parts, adjustment of instrumental devices, and cleaning of parts.
- Perform equipment operational tasks that include monitoring and documenting production and equipment performance, trouble-shooting operational problems, staging correct supplies at the process area, inspection of materials, and any other tasks associated with the manufacture of the product.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, such as formula cards, batch records, etc. cGMP, FDA, DEA, OSHA and other applicable regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate company and regulated policies and procedures, batch records (cGMP, FDA, DEA, OSHA and other applicable regulations).
- Actively participates in and on occasion leads manufacturing job board and KPI board meetings.
- Accurately completes, reviews and, in conjunction with Quality Assurance, checks manufacturing documentation.
- Holds quality and reliability as high standards of production service and clearly communicates these standards to others.
- Provides input and suggestions for process improvements as well as for procedure writing and revision.
- Actively participate in and enhance a “safety first” culture in all work conducted on the site.
- Must comply with all safety requirements, including the use of PP
Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work and participate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to maintain accurate and factual hard-copy and electronic records.
- Attention to detail, ensuring safety, quality and customer requirements are met.
- Document and follow cGMPs.
- Ability to read information and apply what was described in the reading material to situations which may contain several details or describe processes involving several steps.
- Become SME for process and equipment across packaging and manufacturing areas
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to peers and management across all departments within the Fort Worth site.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Knowledge and Experience:
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment including set-up, operation, cleaning and basic maintenance of manufacturing and packaging equipment. Two years of experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent Documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to use measuring devices such as scales, balances, callipers, etc.
- Demonstrated mechanical and technical aptitude in order to problem solve effectively.
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Pharmaceutical or other regulatory (cGMP) experience a plus.
- Able to safely lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Exercise manual dexterity and control in the packaging of oral solid dosage products or non-sterile liquid products into bottles.
- Work in a static position on the packaging line for the time period required in the rotation cycle.
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC