Operational Excellence Coach
Dechra Pharmaceuticals are looking to hire a operational excellence professional for it's main manufacturing site at Skipton.
The OPEX Coach will support the delivery of the Skipton site’s strategic plans by driving change through implementation of the One Dechra Production System (ODPS) standards.
Reporting to the Site Operational Excellence Lead, you will coach local management and team members to achieve incremental and step changes in the performance of the site in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost competitiveness while engaging and empowering the site employees.
As the Operational Excellence Coach, you will support the delivery of operational trainings in ODPS standards and application to ensure site colleagues have the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out their role.
- Trains and coaches frontline leaders on practical application of CI tools as part of the One Dechra Production System.
- Trains & coaches performance management / tiered meetings and Operational meetings to support identification and rapid resolution of issues and drive continuous improvement action cycles on site.
- Supporting the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Extended Leadership Team with delivery of the site strategy deployment plan.
- Meet the needs of the business, through development and delivery of the site tactical projects plans.
- Developing the implementation plans and embedding / facilitating a robust governance program, providing challenge, holding people accountable to ensure the site delivers on its commitments and KPI targets.
- Support the shop-floor teams in identification of Bottom-up improvement initiatives and actively participates in the site diagnostics for future opportunities
- Support / ensure consistency of progress across the site, share lessons learnt across site
The Ideal Candidate
- A degree in Science, Manufacturing, Engineering or Business Management.
- Evidence of driving a continuous improvement culture through a test and learn process including holding workshops to generate ideas and identify solutions.
- Build and improve site capabilities through coaching to deliver business improvements.
- Ability to facilitate continuous improvement sessions using the ODPS framework.
- Lean Six Sigma, Project Management and Operational Excellence are highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a recognised world class manufacturing / lean organisation.
- Proven track record of delivering results using Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Attention to detail and proven communications & planning skills.
- Ability to influence peers & business areas using verbal or written communication.
- Participation in OPEX programs implementation within a large organisation that drives commercial value.
- Experience working with learning management systems and learning technology platforms.
- Worked in and understanding regulated markets.
- Average 36 hour working week (with a day off every other Friday)
- Plenty of training and development opportunities
- 22.5 days annual leave + Bank holidays
- Option to buy a week's holiday each year
- 8% Employer Pension Contribution
- Free access to Headspace App
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free on-site parking
About the Company
Dechra is a global specialist in veterinary pharmaceuticals and related products business. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
We are a global leader in veterinary endocrinology and topical dermatology, have a broad portfolio of analgesia, anaesthetics and products for the treatment of pain, and are also recognised as innovators in other specialisations such as the treatment of equine lameness, nutrition and differentiated generics.
We deliver high quality products and services to veterinarians worldwide through our employees and a network of third parties to sustainably improve global animal health and welfare.
Everything we do is underpinned by our Culture and Values. They are important to us and have helped drive the Group’s success.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC