Territory Sales Manager – Animal Health - Flexible Location
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
With a growing diverse portfolio of quality animal products, Dechra Veterinary Products (Australia) is now established in the farm animal marketplace. The primary focus of this role will be selling a proprietary and growing brand, via distribution partners at the Territory level.
Dechra has ambitions to position ourselves as the Pharmaceutical Animal Welfare Leader. Candidates will have the chance to work in a rapidly growing, buoyant market with the leading product in its class. The role will also involve promoting Dechra’s range of prescription medicines to equine and livestock veterinarians.
The successful applicant for this role will have the opportunity to make the territory “your own”. This specific territory will be based in Norther or Central New South Wales, Location within the territory is flexible and can be discussed during the recruitment process. Candidates will have the opportunity to be a part of a well established, high performing sales team, where everyone is valued and supported.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with varied levels of experience. This role could be fulfilled by either a person who would like to become established as a high performing Territory Sales Manager or someone who has high level of experience in a similar role. For the right candidate, the opportunity to take on higher level, more senior responsibilities within this role could be a possibility.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Build and maintain relationships with key distributors, farmers, and veterinarians.
- Deliver on sales objectives and other KPI’s as set for the role.
- Be supportive and proactive in creating a positive team environment.
- Service Regional level distribution partner contacts.
- Establish and execute on business plans at a Regional and Territory level in line with the National plans.
- Remain abreast of factors influencing the industry.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Experience in a similar role in the livestock industry or as a large animal veterinarian.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Tertiary qualifications in an agricultural, veterinary, or animal science discipline, and/or experience as in a similar role will be highly regarded.
- An affinity with the Australian Animal Health Industry, preferably livestock.
- A willingness and ability to travel.
- Experience in the use of electronic devices for communication and reporting purposes.
A competitive remuneration and bonus package is on offer (based on experience).
If this sounds like your next opportunity and you would like to join the Dechra team, please click apply below - including cover letter and resume
For a confidential conversation about the role, the company or your application please call or email the Business Unit Manager, David Keevers on 0499 773 925
All applications will be regarded with confidence.
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com