US Operations Planning & Forecasting
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra!
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Reporting to the Associate Director Customer Supply & Demand this position primarily forecasts sales in demand by product and completes the sales demand component of the net requirement planning tool utilized by Dechra to ensure superior customer service levels through understanding the market and planning. The position requires a base understanding of the market, customer demand principles and how these flows can be impacted by in-channel inventory based off monitoring sell-in and move-out data. This position will also work with the Commercial Finance Director and IT resources in understanding move-out data and trends at the territory and regional level to bridge the a top down planning process with bottom up forecasting
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
Key Responsibilities (50%)
- Monitoring sales force demand data loads and completing/distributing the monthly move-out reporting pack
- Model wholesaler/distributor inventory channels for in-channel inventory levels by wholesaler by distributor.
- Completion of the in-channel inventory analysis.
- For budgets and reforecasts complete the by customer by sku sales forecast load in Hyperion along with the US Controller.
- Monthly complete the sales out demand by sku in the Product Supply Net Requirements Planning tool for the next 18 months.
- Ensure that trends are identified and or information from the field related to competitive stock outages are reflected as early as possible in the demand planning.
- Support and assist in the year-end physical inventories at our 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) locations
- Assist Salesforce Administrator and Sr. Accountant with customer and product data quality and completeness.
Other responsibilities (30%)
- Collaborate with the Operations and Demand Manager/Finance Department to develop SOPs for order processing, returns, and applying credits to an account.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of Project sites and plans and the generation of project documentation, including meeting minutes and PSD.
- Partners with the receiver of project output, ensuring that project deliverable are continuously aligned with the horizon at the time of launch and integration of new businesses and products into existing processes as necessary.
- Generates motivation and collaboration within project team, ensuring mutual understanding of the interdependency of individual Team Member’s output to reach the project milestones and goals
- Fosters lessons learnt processes, and sees opportunities for optimization of processes.
- Serves as an additional resource for the Oracle processes as it pertains to order entry within the Order to Cash cycle including receipt of all customer orders, recording of backorders and providing for the delivery of product and recognition of a sale as defined by Finance for both the in-direct delivery model and the direct delivery model.
- Supports the Assoc. Director Customer Supply & Demand in the reporting of open order statuses and sales for North America and reconciles back to customer information for the verification of open orders.
- Facilitates the customer and product set-up processes and procedures ensuring accurate and timely set-up for planning, 3PL setups and Oracle systems.
Other Projects (20%)
- Assistance to the Commercial Finance Director during compensation plan roll-outs.
- Example would be serving as contact for Customer Supply in the set-up of a new 3PL.
- Other duties as requested
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
- Commitment to ensuring projects are completed correctly
- Hands on
- Advanced Excel knowledge (lookups, sumifs, string maniuplation & parsing, nested conditional formulas, indirects, pivot tables, large dataset memory & storage resource management / best practices, external database connections, user friendly formatting/UX, VBA/scripting)
- Business Intelligence Reporting & SQL backend experience
- PowerBI/Salesforce preferred
- MDBMS front end experience
- Hyperion/Essbase preferred
- Programming/scripting or information systems experience is a plus
- Proficient in using Google & stackoverflow to problem solve and learn new skills
- Analytical, detailed, and accurate
- Organization skills
- Able to work independently
- Enthusiastic with respet to being challenged and growing professionally
- Pharmaceuticals or Veterinary Channel experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Resilient, dynamic, and enthusiastic
- Must be highly driven and enjoy working with people
- Proficient in 10 keying and typing
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, find creative solution and drive for results
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC