Talent & Development Specialist
Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
Delivery of end to end Engagement plans and Talent Management processes for Skipton site including the identification and sourcing of talent, recruitment and selection, onboarding, succession and development activity. Overall responsibility for site engagement, wellbeing and communication strategy and tactical activities to ensure effective delivery.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Talent sourcing utilising applicant tracking system, LinkedIn Recruiter and other Talent resources to pipeline future talent and manage end to end recruitment processes with a focus on a high volume of entry to supervisor level roles. Engaging with external stakeholders including educational institutions, recruitment agencies and job centres to attract additional talent.
- Recruitment and selection supporting line managers with arranging and attending interviews, promoting the use of the ATS and adhering to site recruitment KPIs to ensure effective compliance.
- Brand building raising the profile of Dechra as an employer of choice through targeted comms, talent sourcing partnerships, ESG activity, recruitment events etc.
- Onboarding and local training/development activity ensuring that new starters receive a high quality and engaging onboarding experience enabling them to contribute quickly in their new roles.
- Development and delivery of targeted local training/development activity as required e.g. Recruitment skills for first line managers.
- Recording of all training activities, development of departmental training matrices and associated reporting systems, ensuring that all processes and records comply with regulatory demands
- Develop and support the implementation of an online learning platform, ensuring it is fit for purpose in all respects but with specific reference to regulatory requirements
- Employee Engagement with the SLT and HRBP, take ownership of site engagement plan developed using output from Engagement Survey as a start point to plan activities to drive high levels of engagement, reduce unwanted turnover, and contribute to efficiency and productivity measures.
- Site Wellbeing Agenda - Deliver the implementation of a site wellbeing strategy taking account of key employee wellbeing needs including but not limited to : -
- Physical and Mental Wellbeing
- Financial awareness
- Parental and caring responsibilities
- Employee Communication Leading the plan for employee communications, playing a key role in organising and facilitating communication events such as Town Hall meetings, focus groups and employee consultation as required.
- Collaborate with HRBP to ensure all responsibilities for the site are delivered in respect of ad-hoc HR activities, representation at meetings, sharing of information etc. to ensure clarity of responsibilities for stakeholders and to maximise efficiency.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Skilled at building strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Organised and with meticulous attention to detail
- Positive, collaborative and inclusive approach
- Strong influencing and persuading skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Experienced in development and delivery of training events
- Experience of developing Employee Engagement strategies /activities
- Interest, knowledge and experience of developing employee wellbeing agenda.
- Demonstrable MS Office Skills – Excel PowerPoint and Word
- Generalist HR skills with an emphasis on all aspects of resourcing
- Experience of managing end to end recruitment processes
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or nutraceutical manufacturing environment is desirable
- Knowledge of online learning systems
About the Company
All applications received are reviewed by our internal talent acquisition team and we will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Should you not hear back from us within 28 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies which may be suitable and we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site. For any questions or queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC