Veterinarian – Technical Services (Overland Park, KS or Remote)
Thanks for checking out our vacancy. We’re delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra is a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied scope and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Receive all product inquiries and complaints that may arise by usage of or experience with Dechra’s products. Calls may be received from (but are not limited to) veterinarians, veterinary technicians and other veterinary support staff, consumers (pet owners), Dechra sales personnel, distributor sales representatives, or other Dechra personnel.
- Document all calls within PV-Works database and assess and implement appropriate responses and procedures.
- Provide appropriate information, based on type of customer, as it pertains to proper product use, extra-label use, literature requests, adverse events, unexpected response to treatment, perceived lack of efficacy, and product or packaging defects.
- Follow up with all parties involved to assess causality in any given animal complaint and to ensure appropriate closure of all calls and complaints received.
- Support customer requests for case management support in accordance to company policies.
- Review and evaluate complaints for accurate and consistent data as assigned. May also have responsibility to provide written medical causality assessments for complaint cases.
- Contribute to development of technical materials with assigned Dechra portfolio team.
- Participate in medical review of marketing and promotional materials.
- Attend assigned veterinary conventions or other meetings to provide technical support and attend key lectures.
- Maintain excellent and up-to-date Dechra and competitor product knowledge.
- Assist in technical sales training for all Dechra personnel.
- Present technical seminars to various customers and accompany territory managers on sales calls.
- Travel – 25%
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly excited to hear from those who have/are:
- DVM/VMD with a minimum of 3-5 years of clinical experience; current license to practice in at least one state preferred
- Ability to work and perform in a team-based / call-center environment
- Must be a self-starter and can work independent of supervision
- A passion and dedication to providing exceptional customer service
- Sound knowledge of companion animal internal medicine. Equine knowledge a plus
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organization, analytical, and judgment skills
- Excellent computer skills, and proficient in MS Office platform
- Prior industry experience, including PV Works a plus
- DVM with a minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience
- Professional Degree required
About the Company
As a people first values-based culture, we provide free weekly wellness sessions focused on our employee's physical and mental wellbeing, and flexible work arrangements. We offer a generous employer 401k match and an employee stock purchase plan for long-term financial wellness. Our full array of health, financial and voluntary benefit programs are what you would expect from a recognized Best Place to Work.
Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC